Where are they???

Bclar

:
CX 5 2013
Where are they????
Funny thing that I have noticed. Mazda is is short supply of the CX 5. Back ordered. No GT's on the lot. BUT, they are not on the road either !!! I purchased my car, CX-5, back in June. I have only been aware of two other CX-5's since the purchase. And I live in a community of 800,000 + people !! So...where are all the CX-5s that have been sold. Maybe in your city but not in mine. Don't get me wrong. I have no regrets BUT where are all the other owners of the same car?

I second that!! When I was buying my car in August, there were several other people buying, and test driving, etc. the lot was getting emptier day by day - CX-5s disappearing! But where did they all go?
I see only one constantly on the parking lot by a shopping center in Princeton - because I know the guy owns the store, but so rarely we see others. That's too bad, I think this is such a better car than Nissan Rogue!

4K per month sold in US since March, that run-rate is about 1/4 of Escape or CRV sales rate.

Rogue and CX-5.JPG
I see only one constantly on the parking lot by a shopping center in Princeton - because I know the guy owns the store, but so rarely we see others. That's too bad, I think this is such a better car than Nissan Rogue!

Yes IMO.

Where are they????
Funny thing that I have noticed. Mazda is is short supply of the CX 5. Back ordered. No GT's on the lot. BUT, they are not on the road either !!! I purchased my car, CX-5, back in June. I have only been aware of two other CX-5's since the purchase. And I live in a community of 800,000 + people !! So...where are all the CX-5s that have been sold. Maybe in your city but not in mine. Don't get me wrong. I have no regrets BUT where are all the other owners of the same car?

I see you are in Rochester (NY?), I live in Syracuse (a little ways east) and I see a ton of them. I would say I see at least 2 to 3 a day on workdays and probably 4 or 5 when I am running around on the weekends. The dealer where I bought my CX-5 back in July has probably 10 - 15 CX-5's on the lot, not sure which models they have.

Yes, I am in Rochester, NY. My hunch then is all the cars sold in Rochester are to buyers in Syracuse

the first weekend I had mine we came out of the movie theater and there was another white one (it had the roof rails) and then on the way home we stopped at a store and there was a silver one there. I thought I was going to see them everywhere after that but in the 5 months since then I've only seen one more. I'm kinda happy I don't see them everywhere but I want Mazda to sell enough that they make money and stay around.

Had mine since June 30. I have put on 5600 miles and seen 4 CX-5's, one of them before I had mine. Was at my dealer today and he had 10 sitting there. I was just picking up a cargo net so I don't know how long they have been there. In that 5600 miles have been trips from Charlotte to Atlanta, Williamsburg VA, and Ohio, and in those trips I only saw two of the four. They're out there somewhere.

Funny how different it is in Canada. I see them everywhere. Not as often as CRV's or Escape', but pretty close to a new X3 or XC60.

Still relatively rare around here in very import-rich Silicon Valley. I see no more than a couple a week, I know dealers are moving them and inventories are rarely large on lots. See more new X3's and GLK 's by far.

Norcal/Mt.view area, lots of Q5's around here but Prius is the official car here, GLKs are just too boxy to me, X1, X3's are just ugly, none of them offer manual, it is a sad thing.

I've only seen maybe 4 CX5's.

I have seen 1 or 2 on the roads around here so far. Also a question for other east coasters. Just received a reply to an on line request telling me how few there are in my area right now due to the hit NJ took from Sandy. I'm sure that may be true to some degree, but curious if others are hearing this, or if it is more of a song and dance.

Funny how different it is in Canada. I see them everywhere. Not as often as CRV's or Escape', but pretty close to a new X3 or XC60.

I have to agree, I see them everywhere here in Alberta, there's 2 just in my neighborhood alone! I would say I have seen more of the new escape around here for sure though.

Last edited:
I actually thought I would see more CRV's or the new Escapes but I don't see those either. I do see many Nissan Rogue's but only because the body style has made no improvements since being introduced. I can't tell apart a 2008 from a 2012-13. I just think not that many people are shopping for new cars these days.

I also think it's a clever little business plan by Mazda not manufacturing the CX-5 as they should to get this "rare" effect to sell them at MSRP. I bought mine at MSRP because of this "rarity" of the GT model, something to do about the 19" wheels and some problems with manufacturing blah blah :D

The new CRV and new Escape are very common here and I see several on daily basis, unlike CX-5.

Saw 2 Touring models yesterday/Sunday, first ones seen in a week.

I have seen 1 or 2 on the roads around here so far. Also a question for other east coasters. Just received a reply to an on line request telling me how few there are in my area right now due to the hit NJ took from Sandy. I'm sure that may be true to some degree, but curious if others are hearing this, or if it is more of a song and dance.

Confirmed...Mazda imports on the East coast into NJ. I took delivery of my CX-5 on 10/16. Spoke to a Mazda exec a week ago who said I would have been screwed had my vehicle missed that ship, as there are many vehicles that were totalled by Super Storm Sandy. Parking lots flooded. Not sure what they do with those vehicles...sell them to a reconditioner...or some unsuspecting consumer winds up with it down the road??

My CX-5 was sitting in the port when Sandy hit. Dealer said that all of the cars that were in the port will most likely have to be destroyed. Dealer found another CX-5 on a ship and should be coming in around the end of the month.

Saw two today in Ottawa ON. First one was a silver one that had its front end crunched from an accident... :(, and white GT on a drive along the Parkway.

Back