Key FOB settings

pinchbug

:
2013 CX-5
OK I have locked my key FOB in my 2013 CX-5 twice already!!! Can I program the car so that the door locks will not lock if the FOB is in the car and the motor is off? Can I get a regular key made just to unlock the door????

Thanks

not sure which model you have, but on my gt i was able to navigate through the nav screen to select options for locking. i went with the doors all lock once the fob is like 8 foot from the car. also went with all auto lock when shifter is out of park.

OK I have locked my key FOB in my 2013 CX-5 twice already!!! Can I program the car so that the door locks will not lock if the FOB is in the car and the motor is off? Can I get a regular key made just to unlock the door????

Thanks

A regular door key in inside the FOB, slide the small latch on the back to let it out. I took it to Home Depo and they copied it, I bought a magnetic key box and used it to hide the duplicated key on the outside of the car that I can use to get back in the door with, if I lock the FOB in the car. Pudde's solution above only works if you have a GT with Teck Package...

That's a pretty damn smart idea GAXIBM... I've yet to come close to locking my fob in the car but one never knows when it'll happen. Even if someone found the key, they wouldn't be stealing the car too easily, just the goods inside.

The best habit I've gotten into with locking any of our cars is I only ever lock them with the fobs. I never use the buttons in the car to lock it.

Back