Mazda CX-5 Urban Presented at 2012 SEMA

awmenard

:
Mazda cx5
Found this on the autoevolution.com.

Here is what the article says:

But why not matte? Well, let's hear it in Mazda's words: "With a Mazda Design-developed custom paint process, the dark surface of the CX-5 Urban features multi-dimensional shadows with each triangular-like design shaped to reflect each bend and twist of the vehicle's sheet metal. Utilizing the KODO "Soul of Motion" design language of the production model, the Mazda Design team translated this initial blueprint into seemingly flat, black surfaces that evoke depth at just the slight hint of light."

The vehicle offers special exterior features, such as Ore facets that are shown as thin pinstripes on matte paint, on the matte black wheels, on the five-point front grille, as well as in the headlights.

Speaking of wheels, the CX-5 Urban rides on 22-inch Ace Alloy Scorpio rims that are wrapped in 295/30 R20 Nitto NT420 tires and are surrounded by more muscular wheel arches. The final touch of the project is brought by a dual exhaust that comes from Racing Beat.

mazdacx5urbanpresenteda.jpg

mazdacx5urbanpresentedaj.jpg

just love that wheel setup...hope the flares become available

Are these pics not worth commenting, or is no one clicking on them? C'mon ppl, this is one of the sickest looking CX5's

Looks like I'm a little late to the part but what a great looking car. Sexy!!!!

I love that paintjob!

But I swore off pavement colored cars every since I got rid of a AWD Subaru wagon (pavement grey) that looked very stealth. That was back when Subaru's had angular surfaces and corners. The problem was that people kept pulling out right in front of me while I was in traffic. And they weren't being inconsiderate as in making me apply my brakes to make room for them, they actually would completely miss seeing me and I would have to perform avoidance maneuvers (sometimes drastic ones) to avoid collision. This would happen all the time (like 4 or 5 times a year).

I replaced that grey Subaru with a white car and it completely stopped happening.

The car looks stunning, but I'm not sure it's the best choice if urban safety is a priority.

Does anyone know if it was lowered onto the 22's? This thing looks sick, and I found the rims but need the flares. Also anyone know if they used wheel spacers with those flares? I want the same setup.

Bump - Any update on the availability of those flares - Is there OEM or aftermarket options available for the CX-5???

thx

I think the fender flares on the Urban looks different from what autostyle is offering.
The urban version have a curved, concave profile, while the autostyle looks to have a straight profile.
I'm picky, YES, but the Urban fenders looks better..
Now where to get them...?

Back