Antenna Adaptor for After Market Deck

:
2013 CX-5 Sport Manual/FWD
I have the Sport Model and installed a Pioneer unit to replace the cheese-dog stock radio. My installer says no antenna kits available and no way to adapt to use the cars existing antenna. Tried the HONDA ANTENNA ADAPTER (TYPE I - AFTERMARKET RADIO) HD10 (UP TO 2009) #5560, which was suggested by one post but installer says it won't work. The installer added an amplified antenna but it just barely works. Desperate for a solution, any suggestions?

I have the Sport Model and installed a Pioneer unit to replace the cheese-dog stock radio. My installer says no antenna kits available and no way to adapt to use the cars existing antenna. Tried the HONDA ANTENNA ADAPTER (TYPE I - AFTERMARKET RADIO) HD10 (UP TO 2009) #5560, which was suggested by one post but installer says it won't work. The installer added an amplified antenna but it just barely works. Desperate for a solution, any suggestions?

It does work. If you go the metra site; its this one http://www.metraonline.com/part/40-HD10. You have to make sure you power it with 12 v. Just come off the radio power antenna wire and wire it to the blue wire on the honda adapter and you are good to go. Oh btw, I have the sport and also replace the crappy radio. You might want to make sure he has everything grounded properly also

Last edited:
Back