Cruise control

jeremy44

:
CX-5 AWD GT with Tech pkg
Just wondering how many of you out there use cruise control and usually what speed you set it at

and is cruise control bad for the car?

Typically I set it for a speed that keeps me in the flow with the other cars so I don't have to keep adjusting it. Or if there aren't really other cars I go for about 4 over the speed limit.

It probably isn't good to set for a long periods during the break in time but after that I find it is a handy way to keep from slowly gaining speed on boring roads. It does get easy to go too fast in modern quieter cars.

Other than as noted above during the 600 mile break-in (avoid constant speeds for long periods of time), why would it be bad for the car??

i use it every second i get a chance to. from setting it to 60 on the hiway to 37 in town to 26 on surface streets. (small town with watchful cops :) ) though my commute is all of 7 minutes 4.9 miles away. i love my CC and in a couple days remote start!! :)

Please share with me the results of the remote installation. My understanding is that with the CX 5 you will lose one of the two factory fobs for the installation. The other fob will be used along with the new remote fob. You supposedly will need both. The factory fob acting as a "proximity" fob and the new remote fob allowing remote starts. Best Buy shared with me this information and I decided to wait until new software is available that will allow me to keep both factory fobs and in fact only have to use the newer remote fob. If you have found differently then I would like to know the brand and model number of the remote you end up with. I am told only VIPER is making a remote for the CX 5 BUT with the above mentioned issues.

Bob

Just wondering how many of you out there use cruise control and usually what speed you set it at and is cruise control bad for the car?
I use it all the time, at speeds as low as 30 (to make sure I don't get a ticket in a 25-mph zone), and as high as 70. Instead of braking, often, i just cancel CC and let the car slow down naturally. Sometimes i don't have to touch the brake pedal at all. I like it, and I've read that using CC is the most fuel efficient way to drive.

i should try that
im only getting 9.1L/ 100KM!
disappointing!
hopefully if i start using CC it will help

Love me some cruise control. I like just cruising through traffic, making slight adjustments + or -. Makes you really understand how strange people drive... they are on the gas one minute... then nodding off the next.

It's funny how two of the three button are redundant though - off/ on and cancel/ resume. They can really just make each of those one button instead of a rocker.

remote start done, have both fobs and remote start fob. 4 hour install and all set. still kills engine when door is opened, as the technition that installed it did say it was for theft reasons.

I rarely use it. When I do it's on steady freeway cruises, set about 78mph.

i use it every day. I commute to school every morning which is a 30 min drive and i set it at 67-68 mph. I don't see why it would be a problem except maybe when i'm climbing hills and my gas mileage begins to drop lol. Other then that cruise control is the best!!

i use it every day. I commute to school every morning which is a 30 min drive and i set it at 67-68 mph. I don't see why it would be a problem except maybe when i'm climbing hills and my gas mileage begins to drop lol. Other then that cruise control is the best!!

Welcome klk15 to mazda247.com

67-68 mph on cruise must return some excellent gas mileage on your CX-5. Have you been measuring MPG?

Welcome klk15 to mazda247.com

67-68 mph on cruise must return some excellent gas mileage on your CX-5. Have you been measuring MPG?

I actually registered at fuelly.com and i'm currently averaging 31.2 mpg due to driving both city and highway.

when I'm not in hurry :) 130-140 km/h on highway....

Cheers,
Miki

Latest posts

Back