Canadian gas usage

jeremy44

:
CX-5 AWD GT with Tech pkg
Hey Canadians

Just wanted to know how many L/ 100KM you are getting

I am only getting 9.1L/ 100KM
I have the GT AWD

GT AWD. 60% city 40% hwy. 7.41 is my best tank and 9.42 is my worst tank. Avg is 8.18. Total KMs tracked is 14,957kms. 25 fill ups.

FWD automatic, as my car is still within breakin period, I have only driven in city of Vancouver and getting 9.5-10L per 100km (calculated with actual fill) and I am not really happy about the mileage at this time. I hope mileage will improve to low 9L per 100km in the city after few mor fill ups.

GT AWD. 95% city 5% Hwy. Averaging about 9.4 l/100 km's driving in Vancouver. Currently have about 3500 km's on odo.

FWD - city70% and Hwy30% - 6.5% --- I have this consumption for the past 3 months already / 15,000 km on board. VERY HAPPY!!

Hey Canadians

Just wanted to know how many L/ 100KM you are getting

I am only getting 9.1L/ 100KM
I have the GT AWD

I'm not Canadian but my commute takes me within 6 miles of the US/Canadian border. I 've used Fuelly to track the first 2000 miles on my AWD Touring and switching Fuelly to metric tells me I've been averaging 7.3L/100km over 3738 km's. That's with a mix of about 1/3 Interstate, 1/3 State Hwy and 1/3 around town.

I never imagined an AWD car this big (with an automatic transmission) could be so efficient!

I am in Winnipeg, 100% city driving and i average between 8.0l and 8.4l/100km. When I drove to Quebec last summer for vacation it went down to 7.1l/100km on the highway. It is about the same as my old mazda 3 2006 was doing.

PS. I have to AWD and 15000km on it.

I am in Brampton, Ontario and am sitting at 8.8 / 100 kms with 14000 kms on the clock. My driving is 95% city and 5% highway.

My wheels are CX5 in GT flavor.

Last edited:
I'm @ 18000 kms. I get around 7 on the highway and 9 in the city. Current average is 8.2.

Guess my GT AWD is a gas guzzler for now 8.8 to 10.1 is best and worst so far on a tank, Have approx 2200 kms on the car so far and the 10.1 was my most recent tank full; it was completely stop and go around town. Hope it will improve a bit.

I'm averaging about the same, but I only have 2300 KM on the odometer and have only filled it five times so far. There is a direct relationship between stop and go driving (which I do for approximately 1/3 of my commute each day) and fuel economy. I have only had it on the highway, maybe twice for 200-300KM total. I drive mostly running about town. Still in the break-in period, so I expect this will fall. Plus we're heading into winter so the numbers are always worse (due to warming up, which I don't do a lot of, but sometime is necessary to wait while the windows defog). I think my last reading was about 9.9 according to fuelly, but I'm averaging in the low 9's. I'm hoping it will move to the mid 8's eventually, but need to get a few more km's on the engine first. I have the AWD GS model.

Last edited:
7.4L/100km in Chilliwack BC
Mostly short journeys.

i find keeping the speedo around 80-100 kms yields best results. keep it easy and light on the pedal, nice and slow acceleration is the key. honestly, its a bit hard to drive like this all the time, especially in the city. but if you can either drive on the hwy for a long trip or drive back country roads with minimal start/stops thats the way to get low 7s.

can any one kindly let me know after how many KM's did your mileage go up? (if so, how much did it go up compared to when the car was brand new?) Thank you

I had my GS awd for over 6 month's now with roughly 5250km on it.
I didnt reset the computer since delivery and it show's 10.3l/100km. I do have a heavy foot, coming out of a Speed3 with about 300hp/340tq.
I was expecting a better consumption then 10.3 but a month ago i calculated by hand on 2 tanks and i was around 9.5 with a mix of city/highway.
My previous Speed3 was around 13.2 on premium fuel so it's a big improvement for me.

I bought a GT dealer demo (the dealers GM was driving it)... The avg on it was 16l/100km!!! It took a week to bring the avg down to 10l/100km. I have since brought it down to 8.7l/100km. I drive about 50% city / 50% hwy (although in Toronto 401 does that really count?? Stop and go...).

i am averaging out at 7.5l/100 so far, 16,000 kms since June, better mileage than my Altima was getting, and dont even compare it to the Xterras i had before that.

Latest posts

Back