Chinese Aftermarket CX-5 Mud Flaps

Can't speak to the quality of the product, but I love these guy's marketing. "6% discount-you save $2.38!"

Problem is that my dealer wants $250 for the set!!(screwy)

@$40 a set I can 6 from China!!

Last edited:
I put OEM's on my new GT. Did an online search and found a couple of OEM suppliers for these and some other items @ a very reasonable cost. As I recall, I paid a little over $100 for all 4 + free shipping. IIRC $40+ for the front pair and $60+ for the rears or thereabouts. Also got the SS rear bumper protector, rear cargo tray, and some new mats for my MX-5 Miata. Just like my prior experience with several OEM Miata accessories everything fits great, with excellent installation instructions and hardware, and top notch quality. I have installed several major color matched body pieces on my 06 MX-5 and the color and fit was perfect. OEM is well worth the price IMO and IME.

BTW, the mudguard installation is not difficult but is a bit more involved than what I might have expected, and obviously well designed to provide a very solid and durable installation with excellent hardware. I'd be concerned that imitations would not be as solid or thoroughly thought out.

Last edited:
. As I recall, I paid a little over $100 for all 4 + free shipping.

Car manufactures tend to charge a lot more for accessories in Canada. The mud guards list for $245.90 for all 4 up there compared to $119.90 in the US.

Car manufactures tend to charge a lot more for accessories in Canada. The mud guards list for $245.90 for all 4 up there compared to $119.90 in the US.

well it is not only for car accessories....they charge more for the whole car.... (pissed) kind of hard to explain when the dollar is at par and should stay at that level for the forseable future. They try to hide this by bringing cars here with more accessories included, but still, there is no way they can explain a $10,000 difference on some cars like some Subaru.

Anyone bought and installed these aftermarket mud flaps that are found on ebay : https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
They look very similar to OEM and for under $40 shipped, I think I might grab a set but I would love to hear from anyone that has bought them first.

I too am curious about the quality and fit of the ebay mud flaps. I just can't see spending 100-145 bucks on plastic vs 40 if the quality and fit is the same.

Been eyeing the OEM mud guards as well, regret not getting it when car was new. Anyone actually used a torque wrench to screw the bolts as specified in the installation guide? I don' thave a torque wrench, just a regular screw driver....

hmmm, I guess I should have read the instructions closer. I didn't even see that they were supposed to be torqued. Probably a way to keep people from either not putting them on well enough or over tightening them.

I do know that I didn't tighten the moonroof visor enough when I installed it and it ended up loosening some after time.

i just picked up the set of 4 from the dealer..46 and 52 or so. so about a 100 bucks,cant go wrong with oem and all instructions and hardware.

Been eyeing the OEM mud guards as well, regret not getting it when car was new. Anyone actually used a torque wrench to screw the bolts as specified in the installation guide? I don' thave a torque wrench, just a regular screw driver....
Torque settings on this kind of install are for dweebs who have no sense of these things and to keep Mazda off the hook legally. Just use common sense in tightening and you'll be fine.

These products can be had for only 40rmb (or 6usd) on taobao.com if you understand Chinese and buy from china. Laugh my ass off for someone paying 150usd for the oem products. These are not high tech products and installing one won't hurt your car.

installed mine today..went on flawlessly and looks great!..instructions were right on the money,and fit/finish is great.

I have them. The tend to be just a shade lighter in color than the OEM but you have to get real close to see the difference. For the money they work for me.

I have them. The tend to be just a shade lighter in color than the OEM but you have to get real close to see the difference. For the money they work for me.

Any issue with the installation itself, the fit, etc?

No issues...get them and save yourself some cash. Be prepare for a very slow shipping time.

Back