Weathertech Floor liners

JF1444

:
Metro Gray CX-5 GT AWD
Reading thru some of the posts, it seems that the OEM carpeting in the CX5 is rather thin and prone to wear out pretty quick. So I am considering buying the WeatherTech Floors liners.

Has anyone ever installed these on their cars? Any alternatives to these that you know of?

Is that who makes the all weather floor mats for the CX-5 that the dealership carries? I picked up a set of those when I bought the CX5 and they seem pretty stout. I'll be picking up the cargo tray as well.

I had weathertechs in my previous car--they certainly do the job--have a lip on the sides so melting snow, etc stays in the mat and doesnt run out. I felt they were a bit ugly---didnt do anything for the look of the car but like I said they did the job. Mazda also makes a rubber replacement floor mat that looks a bit nicer but has no "sides". Not sure which way I'm going to go yet but want to get something in there before the snow falls.

Weather tech floor liners work great. I have them in all my vehicles.

I have the Husky liners which are similar and I am happy with them, also you can find them for about $50 cheaper for the Front/back.

I have the Husky liners which are similar and I am happy with them, also you can find them for about $50 cheaper for the Front/back.
I second the Husky brand - had them in my last 3 cars, loved it.
With CX-5 I got the dealer all-weather rubber mats, let's see how they hold up this winter.

The dealer all weather rubber mats have a very tiny lip and have some channels in them. They are acceptable for climbing in with wet shoes and perhaps a moderate amount of mud/debris. However, if you climb in with winter boots on that are caked with snow, they're going to tax the capacity of the mats. Either the Husky or WeatherTech will do a better job in those circumstances. The rubber mats also don't cover the hump in the back so If you're looking to protect that from little dirty feet, you have to aftermarket. I asked about the dealer mats (there is another thread on here about them) that are made by WeatherTech, yet have a CX-5 logo. My salesman said they aren't available yet....which I don't believe of course, I just haven't bothered to follow through yet.

I did get the rubber cargo mat as it was a lot cheaper that the alternatives. It's really thick and heavy and seems to have a bit of a lip. I think it will serve great to protect the cargo area from damp/dirty items.

I have the Weather Tech floor liners in black, front and rear, and am happy with them. Nothing for the rear cargo area yet, but if I do it will be the oem rubber tray that others have recommended.

Last edited:
WeatherTech

Bought my Crystal White Pearl Grand Touring exactly two weeks ago, and the first accessory I bought is the WeatherTech FloorLiner™ DigitalFit. I wasn't sure how the tan would match the sand color interior, so I decided to take the safe route and purchase the Black Mats. It was a great buy! I highly recommend them. It may be a little expensive, but these are definitely worth the price. They fit pefectly!

9ri1vs.jpg

Attachments

• WeatherTech.jpg
    WeatherTech.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Loving the Weathertech Liners

Just received my brown weathertech Liner as well. I have been using the OEM all weather mats until now. The weathertech ones are functionally an upgrade in every possible way (covering the hump, covering more of the areas particularly in the driver seat, etc). Wish I didn't rush out the buy the OEM all weather mats before. Yes, the OEM ones are thick and heavy so will move around less and feel sturdier.

Back