Perma Plate on your CX-5

fatphos

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Before signing the paper work on my new CX-5, the finance manager offered us a very good deal on Perma Plate http://permaplate.com/cms/index.php/index.html. From the pamphlet, the Perma Plate seem to be a good idea to those who are very active in sports and would use the CX-5 along with the adventures. However the cost of Perma Plate cost anywhere between $600-$1400, but he gave it to us for a very good deal for the plating (almost nothing and they provided a rental while the car was getting the service done 4-6 hour process they informed me) and there we sealed the deal for the new purchase.

We schedule the appoint to have the CX-5 Perma Plated this past Monday (10-22-12), I got the car back that night and the exterior and interior feels great! However it didn't do that I was told that it would. We were informed that the whole interior would be plated which includes fibergaurd (protection to the cloth portion of the interior against oil and water base spills), however I did a quick test with water and it didn't seal anything! I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow and speak to both the finance manager and the service manager about it. It seems to me that- other than a very nice car wash and coating to the exterior, the interior didn't get the full treatment or any treatment at all!

I'm wondering if anyone within the CX-5 community that also purchased or have experiences with Perma Plate? What are your input on it?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news fatphos, but there's no easy way to put this. You've been had. PermaPlate is nothing more than a high profit add-on that dealers use to fatten their bottom line. Typically, it is nothing more than a wax job and Scotchguard treatment. Of course they gave you a free rental car while one of their detail flunkies spent 90 minutes or so (4-6 hours sounds like you're getting something for your money!) doing the work @$17.50/hour. They're making $500-$1500 on the deal. You should have done your homework before you set foot in the showroom; this ruse is as old as the hills.

I agree with paris1, it's pure profit for dealership and the finance manager gets a big kicker for selling it too.

All good! All I paid was $200 and I took the car in after it was filthy and dirty. Toying around with a new Genesis was fun enough, who would of thought the rental car would be this nice! I wished they would of took a bit longer with the CX-5 so we could of played around with the Genesis more. None the less, I knew it was BS, but since the price was so low for the 'protection' which includes maybe a BS warranty as well, might as well take the gamble.

All good! All I paid was $200 and I took the car in after it was filthy and dirty. Toying around with a new Genesis was fun enough, who would of thought the rental car would be this nice! I wished they would of took a bit longer with the CX-5 so we could of played around with the Genesis more. None the less, I knew it was BS, but since the price was so low for the 'protection' which includes maybe a BS warranty as well, might as well take the gamble.

Willing to bet fatphos has something to gain from this by promoting it, either a dealer or company distributor/owner.

You wouldn't otherwise initially state such a high range, but then be 'happy' only paying a 'low' price for something you 'know' is bs?

sorry. BS on you. Hope no one out there gets taken for real by these BS products.

No bfd. Just a grossly overpriced wash and wax with a decent rental car.

Back