GT model car radio/control system

bushidoboy

:
CX-5 GT
I've seen people post on the idea/option of changing the stock deck for an after market one. Being that on the GT model it has the color screen with rear camera, blue tooth, etc....what deck matches it's compatibility? Also does anyone make an after market deck that will still let you control the CX-5's control options (eg. lights, blinkers, door lock controls). This is something I was just thinking about, that if the stock deck goes bad in lets say 3-5 years (of course after the warranty runs out)...I might not be able to control/adjust certain things in the vehicle without reviving the stock deck.

I've seen people post on the idea/option of changing the stock deck for an after market one. Being that on the GT model it has the color screen with rear camera, blue tooth, etc....what deck matches it's compatibility? Also does anyone make an after market deck that will still let you control the CX-5's control options (eg. lights, blinkers, door lock controls). This is something I was just thinking about, that if the stock deck goes bad in lets say 3-5 years (of course after the warranty runs out)...I might not be able to control/adjust certain things in the vehicle without reviving the stock deck.

I have a deck that does all that including playing video. The only think is does not do is the CX-5 control options. That is proprietary software and would not be included in any aftermarket deck.

I have a deck that does all that including playing video. The only think is does not do is the CX-5 control options. That is proprietary software and would not be included in any aftermarket deck.

so you just live with the fact that you cannot control certain features of your vehicle, sacrifice that for video?

so you just live with the fact that you cannot control certain features of your vehicle, sacrifice that for video?

Didn't have them in the first place. I have the sport manual. It only comes with a cheap ass radio that doesn't have a screen. A screen from the factory was not an option.

Last edited:

What deck did you buy and does it work with the Sports steering wheel controls? Does it work well with an ipod?

Back