Steering Wheel lighting

meeshow

:
'13 Black Mica CX5 6MT
Anyone know if we can change the lighting in the steering wheel from red to white like the dash? and the climate control similarly?

Assuming the color is from LED instead of coloring the plastic I would wager that once the shop manuals are available someone would try a disassembly and led switch.

I hadn't noticed it that much but I'll pay attention tonight. Some of the old speedos and such had just a layer of color so if the LEDs are already white we might be able to just remove that part.

I like the white of the speedo - and was looking last night how to take the steering wheel apart but lost interest. i'll give it another try this weekend and let you guys know what i find.

Do you have a GT? I didn't know the steering wheel lit up at all. The AT sport with BT package does not.

Is anyone able to take a picture of their lit up steering wheel? My AT Sport AWD does not light up:( I am bummed out now. I want a lit up steering wheel too.

I have a Sport 6-spd stick with BT. Added the Convenience package. The buttons glow orange, sounds like something is burnt out in yours?

Check your fuses, especially if you have done any light/sound/electrical mods.

Back