Rear backup sensors

brillo

:
2004 MTX red RX8
Has anyone installed the rear backup sensors after the fact? I'm not talking about the back up camera but the audio alert system for objects, kids etc.....

i'd be curious about this too. as far as i know, the backup sensors are available to cx-5s that are not in north america. they're not an option here.

I wanted them too but realized the backup camera works just as well if not better than sensors

I'd prefer both, depending on the RPS. If it beeps faster when closer to an object and shows where onscreen, that's the best combination. Per availability in NA, the Accessories booklet dated 01/2012 & distributed in NA by "Mazda NA Operations" lists the RPS. Though not an "option" it is an accessory, probalby port-installed. They could have changed their mind in the last 10 months!

Having rented lots of cars in Europe, I'm totally sold on the audio sensors and hope to get some for my new CX-5. Audio beats video because you don't have to look at the screen when you should be looking elsewhere.

Having rented lots of cars in Europe, I'm totally sold on the audio sensors and hope to get some for my new CX-5. Audio beats video because you don't have to look at the screen when you should be looking elsewhere.

yep, to me it is just another precaution and another aid.

Have both the camera (in the rear view mirror which is much better imo) and sensors on my wifes kia. Sensors are great to have more so than id have thought. Personally id pick them over the camera. But if i had to have a camera id have the one in the mirror not the dash. Its a terrible place to be looking when backing up. Thats why i was ok with the sport not having the camera.

I've had sensors and cameras in several vehicles, prefer camera for tight spots. I also would like both.

it did really take some getting used to looking at the dash when backing up, the rear view mirror is a more normal place to look. It felt so un-natural for quite awhile but now it is just a regular part of my checks, mirrors, dash screen, back window.

I do like the size of the image on the dash and how clear the picture is. I'm also very impressed at how well it does in lower light.

I've had sensors and cameras in several vehicles, prefer camera for tight spots. I also would like both.

I agree, prefer both. I have 2 cars with sensors only. On both if reversing dead slow I get continuous tone at 18 inches from obstruction. I'd like to tune the sensors for the continuous tone at 6 inches, but I guess the manufacturer plays it safe in case someone reverses at a faster speed.(nailbyt)

Back