Question regarding trip computer function.

:
23 CX-5 Premium
Page 4-13 of the CX-5 owners manual says the average fuel economy figure can be cleared by holding the INFO button down for 1.5 seconds. I tried this and it does not work. It works in current fuel economy mode, but not average. Anybody else experienced this?

Ummm you cant "clear" current fuel economy numbers...it is directly related to the exact moment of time fuel economy....stomp on the gas it will go to 2mpg for example and if you let off the gas it will go higher...it showing u exactly what you are doing now...not an average at all.

Average is an average over time and can be cleared by holding the center info button for a second or 2...same with average speed

Thanks nizzy1115; you just solved the riddle although you may not have realized it. Actually, you can clear average and current mpg as well as average mph (a setting I have yet to figure out why it's included. I mean, who really cares what your average speed over the past 1500 miles has been?!). The key is, as you said, to push the CENTER of the info button for the required 1.5 seconds, not the top or bottom of the button as I was doing. Thanks!

Right but there still is nothing to clear for current mpg as i stated above. When you come to a stop it will display "---" meaning it cant calculate mpg because you are not moving (miles/gallon) = 0/gallons = undefined number which is why it says "---" perhaps you are trying to clear it just as you come to a stop, but i assure you if you stay moving you cant clear current mpg, just the average mpg and average mph.

Idk how to post a new thing so I'm just going to do it like this
I have a 2003 mazdaspeed protege and it won't stay at idle
The only way for it to stay on is for me to keep on the gas and I don't like doing that
Cause people look at me funny at red lights I've tried
Changing my MAF and still no luck it all started when I replaced
My rear motor mount but I connected everything back
In the right spot I have no Idea what to do!! D:

Right but there still is nothing to clear for current mpg as i stated above. When you come to a stop it will display "---" meaning it cant calculate mpg because you are not moving (miles/gallon) = 0/gallons = undefined number which is why it says "---" perhaps you are trying to clear it just as you come to a stop, but i assure you if you stay moving you cant clear current mpg, just the average mpg and average mph.
I cleared all the values sitting in my garage with the engine off. They all read the same "___", so I assumed the deed was done. Next time I drive it I'll check to see if it worked. The main one I'm concerned with is the average mpg as it calculated my trip mileage bringing the car home from San Diego last week @34.2 mpg. Now that I'm home and doing mostly around town driving, I'd like to isolate that to see what it gets in town.

I wish Mazda had made the trip and average fuel economy trip specific (meaning you could calculate a different set of values for trip A and for trip B) As it is, trip A and trip B only relate to the trip distance. The average fuel economy is not tied to distance per se on either trip odometer, just from whatever time you last reset pushed the centre of the info button, regardless of whether you're on trip A or trip B. My last vehicle was independent which was really useful if you reset trip A every tank but let's say only reset trip B once per month, or at the beginning of a long trip. That way you could compare the current tank to you're overall trip. Little thing, just have to change my thinking. I didn't actually reset it the last tank as I've become accustomed to so I can see what my overall average over several tanks will be.

I use fuelly to help out with this as well. Man my CX-5 does so much better than my truck! Saving at least $3 a day really helps too!

Current is instantaneous, it is calculated on your current speed and fuel flow at "this exact second" and is "real time" data.

There is nothing to cancel.!!

However Average is another thing.

Oh and don't clear your average for the last 1500 miles!! The longer the car has been accumulating data the more ACCURATE it will be, ok.

Current is instantaneous, it is calculated on your current speed and fuel flow at "this exact second" and is "real time" data.

There is nothing to cancel.!!

However Average is another thing.

Oh and don't clear your average for the last 1500 miles!! The longer the car has been accumulating data the more ACCURATE it will be, ok.
Of course you're right about the current readout, As for the average, I did clear that as my first 600 miles were strictly freeway (driving my new CX-5 home from one end of Calif to the northern part of the state) and as such was not really representative (34+ mpg) of what I can expect on a daily basis. Now I'm getting (still phenominal) readings of around 30mpg in strictly round town driving here at home.

Back