MSP FMIC questions

josh182

:
Mazdaspeed Protege #381 Black Mica
So i have a 03 Mazdaspeed Protege and was looking at your FMIC kit, its on sale, which is awesome.
The previous owner of my car, replaced the FM that was in it with a cheap ebay one to pay some bills and replaced the majority of the piping with home depot pipes cut to "fit" he also cut into the crash bar i believe, Also i get water in my cold pipe somehow, not sure why but its had it since i got the car and think it could be the cheap intercooler thats in there.

I was curious as if you would have any idea if everything should still fit, and if my current BOV flange will still fit.
Im very interested and have heard nothing but good reviews so id love to start getting some corksport in my car soon

Thank you for your help

I have their kit on my car. It is an awesome kit, have had it for 3 years. You will need a slim fan for the passenger side radiator fan because with the hot pipe routing, the stock fan will not clear the pipe. You will also need to do a little bit of cutting for the intercooler pipes as they come out of the core. Other than that, it is pretty much a straight forward swap. I believe they have an option when you order to include a slim fan. and the bov will fit. It's just a matter of placing it where you want it on the corksport kit.

Alright, i already have the slim fan, since the last guy put huge home depot pipes in.
Does your driver side fan hang off of the radiator now? ill try to see if i have a pic.

here is the best pic i have, theres a slim fan on pass side, and the original fan on the driver side, but it is hanging off, have you had any problems with that if yours is similar

Whatd you do for a radiator? i think im gonna get this fmic, just gotta find the time to install it but its a good price

I went with a civic half size dual row aluminum radiator due to my future plans with the car. Most others go with something like the Mishimoto radiator. That's a good replacement full size radiator

Back