Nav update problem

:
Mazda, Gran Touring
When I did the update to my TomTom nav, everything seemed to go smoothly. Just today I got the message that my maps are over a year old. Is this normal? I know I did everything right and I know how TomTom's work because I have two portable units and they work great. Worst case, I will try the updates again.

Did you do the 90 day free map update yet? Plug your SD Card into your computer and after TomTom Home opens, go to Tools in the top menu and select 'Use Latest Map Guarantee'. That will at least update your maps to anything new within 90 days of your vehicle purchase, but even without that, the maps shouldn't already be a year old.

I got this same error after trying to do an update... Not sure where I went wrong?

Tom Tom software is one of the worst. Their customer support is ok though. Have you tried contacting them?
Mine got all screwed up because of files related to an older Tom Tom product on my PC. I had to manually delete all those files and then update and everything worked...eventually. Your maps are out of date by over a year...well it feels like it as it takes so long to download any updates

When I did the update to my TomTom nav, everything seemed to go smoothly. Just today I got the message that my maps are over a year old. Is this normal? I know I did everything right and I know how TomTom's work because I have two portable units and they work great. Worst case, I will try the updates again.

I too thought I had updated mine and then got a message a few weeks later saying the map was 11 months out of date. I called TT and they checked my account and said it had never been updated. They then gave me a free update and another free update in 3 months. The support I got was outstanding.

Back