Audio Track information over Bluetooth

gverrault

I have an android phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) that I use in the car. My wife uses an Ipod when she is driving. The ipod displays audio track information without a problem, however the android phone does not. does anyone know of a way to get audio track information to display from an android phone? Is this a limitation brought about by connecting the phone to send audio over bluetooth? Thanks

My Android Fascinate immediately starts the default media player as soon as it pairs with the car. Is there a way to disable the media player from playing on bluetooth connection?

How to disable Media Player and/ or Phone over BT

My Android Fascinate immediately starts the default media player as soon as it pairs with the car. Is there a way to disable the media player from playing on bluetooth connection?

If you go into the audio then bluetooth tab and settings, you can enable or disable your bluetooth phone and/or media player.

that's what I'm actually looking for a player that will do. We've got a Sony player that sounds great, shows all the song info on the display and does full controls but it goes to sleep when you turn the car off and when you restart the car you have to wake it up and tell it to reconnect to the bluetooth which although not difficult is a step I'd love to do without.

I'd love a non-phone bluetooth device for the music that we could just leave in the car and have it wake up and connect automatically every time we start the car. Tried blackberries little playbook tablet and it did wake up and connect and showed song info but sometimes when it reconnected the music wouldn't come through at all until we shut it down and restarted it, which defeated the purpose. I like the sony player because I don't need any special software to load the music on it, just drag and drop like a regular drive. Thought about trying a Samsung Galaxy player but it gets to be an expensive trial and error in figuring out what works.

Last edited:
Back