aftermarket alarm

bushidoboy

:
CX-5 GT
Anyone purchased/installed an after market alarm for the CX-5?
I was thinking to get one with a pager feature, however the dealership said the car is new and the electronics are so tied into the car that it might not be a good idea to go with after market alarm and get the stock Mazda one (available in the tech package). I didn't opt for the extra $$$ for the tech package and figured there has to be an alarm out there that will be ok for the CX-5. What is your opinions/experiences.

I've been looking for some option to add an alarm for some time now and haven't had much luck.

I even just want something that will honk the horn if a door is opened and nothing more.

I'm also nervous about what your dealership said, wires in new cars carry more than just power which can mess things up when you tap into them.

I wish that the 2014 Tech Pack kept the perimeter alarm. Granted it still has the engine immobilizer, it would be nice if it still honked when someone tries to open the door while it is locked....does anyone know if Mazda offers a factory add on? I prefer to not have TWO key fobs.

I got a viper 5901 installed and it works perfectly

I also wanted to get the viper alarm/remote start but my guy said that they don't make a bypass module for our cars yet. Did you have to give up a key fob for the remote start to work? Also, do you have to shut off the car and then turn it back on with the 5901?

I have the Compstar installed and had to give up a key. It does not shut of when I open the door, as long as I put my foot on the brake with in 45 seconds. I love it and it works great. Best Buy in stalled it and did a great job. Took a bit long because of the programming needed for our new 2013 CX5.

Back