MS3/MS6 Engine parts for sale

2006 MS3/MS6 Engine parts for sale

After the death of my stock engine and the ridiculous amount of money Mazda charged me for a new assembly, I decided it was best to reclaim the old assembly to salvage whatever useful parts there may still be. Mazda didn't care for stripping the blown engine down, so I now have the following off a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 2.3L DISI MZR Turbo:

Complete Head: $400
Aluminum Head
Intake Camshaft
Exhaust Camshaft
Valves (Cylinder 3 valves are currently damaged)
VVT solenoid/sensor
Timing Chain
Valve cover
ALL Hardware (Although I would recommend replacing all studs, bolts etc.)
Block: Destroyed
Crankcase cover: $35
Internals: $300
Forged Crankshaft (Seems unscathed, I visually inspected it, check all the bearings, journals, surfaces, teeth, cleaned and oiled it for storage)
Oil System: $25
Oil Pump
Oil pump chain
Cooling System: $25
Water pump
Thermostat housing (this housing is compatible only with motors built before 2008, there was a change done to the flow channels on the block to accommodate a higher volume of coolant. Engines cast
after 2008, to my knowledge, have a larger housing. The same goes for the water pump, but I am not absolutely sure)

No gaskets included in this listing, buyer is responsible for new gaskets. I do have all the bolts that accompany the individual components, such as all the camshaft journal bolts, all the valve cover bolts, etc. I even kept the head studs, not that I would recommend reusing them, not advised. I have the timing chain, the plastic chain guide, pretty much most of the engine is available.

Just so any potential buyers are aware, the head is fine except for damage done to the valves on Cylinder 3. I suspect the guides are most likely damaged as well. This means that there will be some machining required to bring them back to spec as well as replacement of most, if not all, the valves and springs. I am contemplating taking the head to a reputable machine shop to have them reworked. However, at the moment I do not have a lot of extra cash to do so. So at this time I would be selling the COMPLETE Head for $400. Refurbished heads are selling for $1,000- $1400 before shipping. IF I do acquire the cash to have them reworked I'll be looking for much closer to this price. I am willing to ship them, if necessary, but I will require the buyer to pay shipping, and I will find the least expensive option, unless the buyer insists on a specific shipping method/carrier. If a local buyer is interested, I am willing to meet at least half way, and more than likely at a location that best suits the buyer.
I will update the post if any of the items I've listed are sold, if the head is repaired, or if I decide to keep any of the items for myself.

Thanks,
1SICK6

Attachments

• IMAG0487.jpg
    IMAG0487.jpg
    609.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMAG0489.jpg
    IMAG0489.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMAG0490.jpg
    IMAG0490.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMAG0492.jpg
    IMAG0492.jpg
    659.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMAG0494.jpg
    IMAG0494.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Please have a look at the *Marketplace Rules*.

In order to post classified listings on mazdas247.com, site rules require that you post photos of any and all items being offered along with a piece of paper that has your userID, the date, and "mazdas247.com" written on it. I am temporarily locking your thread; I'll be happy to unlock it once you've taken the photos and are ready to post them. Send me a PM when you're ready to post. If I'm not around, feel free to PM any of the other applicable section mods for assistance.

Thanks! (2thumbs)

For anyone interested in any/or all of the parts I have listed here, I am willing to sell all the items listed here for $550.

Back