Anyone try installing rear bumper protective film?

On a scale of 1-10, how difficult was it? Any tips or heads-ups on the install?

i don't think installing this will be as hard as installing films on headlights or hood (less curves/bends). its a bit more straight forward. with that said, its something i still wouldn't do myself. i've seen mazda selling this which i like more than the brushed aluminum plate. i find that piece too obtrusive.

What I got was this aluminium plate:

Had it before on CX-7, quite useful, looks nice and it does offer protection especially when loading/unloading suitcases or some heavy things.

Cheers,
Miki

For others who are considering this option, I contacted a local window tinting outfit who also does protective paint film and they quoted me $65 to install a piece of film on the bumper. This includes the material! So for the cost of the Mazda product online, I can have the whole job done professionally. Such a deal!

I was going to suggest using just clear protection film cut to fit rather than the Mazda one.

"And pretty useless from a protection standpoint! "

Actually the clear 'bra' film stuff will protect quite well from scratches. If something you are loading or unloading contacts with the bumper the film will help a lot.

My comment about being useless from a protection standpoint was amed at the trim piece shown in post #4 above, not the film.

Back