2013 CX5GT Remote Starter Install

Fr8liner

:
2013 CX5 GT
Sorry..... originally posted in another forum here...Hello all. First post so I'll try not to be to long winded...I have done a lot of reading the last few days and have only found a couple threads that have seemed to clarify a problem we may have if or when my wife and I purchase a new 2013 CX5GT with keyless entry and push button start.
The main concern we have is that on a CX5GT with push button start...the vehicle will stop when a door is opened..I'm not sure if this true with both the dealer installed and the Viper 5901 after market install, but after reading this post from sabby(post #15), http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...d+remote+start(I apologize if this doesn't show up as a link(not sure how to do that)I am hoping his idea will work.. one other concer I thought about is that with the remote start installed ...once I got into the vehicle, wouldnt i just have to hit thew start button twice to place the ignition in ON position without stepping on the brake. Orrrrrrr would stepping o the brake also turn the vehicle off....It's all clear as mud at this point..If any one has accomplished a dealer or an aftermarket remote starter install on this vehicle or one similar..without the vehicle turning off ,please geet back to me as soon as you can....

Thnx...Fr8liner

we've gotten conflicting info, the dealer said theirs, and their aftermarket would shut off when you opened the door or hit the brake

but two different 3rd party installers have said theirs (compustart/arcticstart) would not do that as long as within 45sec of unlocking doors you push the break
but you have to sacrifice a fob

I have the factory Remote start and was not so happy when I discovered it would turn off when a door opened. I went to the dealer (where they had told me that it would not stop until the brake was pressed prior to buying the vehicle) and we tried every CX-5 with remote start on their lot... All turn off when the door is opened. I have had a viper system before and it is up to the installer where they set up the trigger to turn off the car, most do it on the brake pedal since you would have to hit that to take the car out of park.

Good luck,

David

Back