Fun/cool stories to share

MazdaDriverNJ

Contributor
:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD
Just wanted to start a thread with fun or cool stories to share, all relating to CX-5 of course.

So I'll go first :)
I have Touring+Tech FWD (I specifically wanted FWD because of better mpg, even if it's only 31 mpg for AWD and 32 mpg for FWD. My previous car was AWD and those wheels were getting dirty so quickly - at least now it's just the 2 front ones! LOL) -- anyway I'm digressing. The window sticker for my model, the one that lists all options etc, says Fuel Economy: 26 mpg/city and 32 mpg/hwy... So today I was so happy to see that my average mpg got to 33 - higher than advertised!! Made my day. It's the little things that matter, right?

Who's next? :)

I wanted good range out of a vehicle but I also wanted AWD as I need to make 50 trips/year up some of the snowiest mountains in the continental US. I bought a 2013 Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring. After over 400 miles of mixed driving (including 20 miles of sporty mountain driving at mid-higher rpm's on a twisty road and a few rush hour trips through town) it was time for me to add fuel for the first time. The gauge indicated I had two bars of fuel remaining, it took 12.5 gallons to fill it up and the trip computer indicated an average of 32.2 mpg. I was thinking actual mpg would be closer to 29-30 mpg based upon reports of optimistic trip computers so I was pleasantly surprised to calculate mpg manually at 31.97 mpg!

That's higher than EPA estimates for HWY driving!

I can ski a lot more this winter without killing the budget!

Cars that get good mileage are liberating and contribute to a happier, healthier lifestyle.

I wanted good range out of a vehicle but I also wanted AWD as I need to make 50 trips/year up some of the snowiest mountains in the continental US. I bought a 2013 Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring. After over 400 miles of mixed driving (including 20 miles of sporty mountain driving at mid-higher rpm's on a twisty road and a few rush hour trips through town) it was time for me to add fuel for the first time. The gauge indicated I had two bars of fuel remaining, it took 12.5 gallons to fill it up and the trip computer indicated an average of 32.2 mpg. I was thinking actual mpg would be closer to 29-30 mpg based upon reports of optimistic trip computers so I was pleasantly surprised to calculate mpg manually at 31.97 mpg!

That's higher than EPA estimates for HWY driving!

I can ski a lot more this winter without killing the budget!

Cars that get good mileage are liberating and contribute to a happier, healthier lifestyle.

Damn right. Definitely going to be cheaper heading up to the mountains to ski this winter. I also cant wait to try and make it to Maine on one tank (from NYC).

I think the "coolest" thing now is how I get beeped at a lot more. I am definitely driving faster than my old pickup, but I guess it's the whole CUV stigma. Screw em I love this car. :D

No super cool stories yet, but I'm hoping to make a bunch this winter at the slopes! I'll be heading up to Acadia NP in Maine from D.C. in a week. I'm sure to have something for you then too.

"they" say this winter will be a great one (for snow-lovers), I certainly hope so and so does my AWD!!

Just wanted to start a thread with fun or cool stories to share, all relating to CX-5 of course...

Neat idea!

It was cool when a fellow Gray CX-5 owner parked next to mine a few days ago and we had a nice conversation about how much fun the car is. It's neat having a brand new design, as I'm guessing that doesn't happen as often with CR-V owners :)

We were both furniture shopping too, which is something I've never been able to do before (being able to actually carry it home that is) :)

Neat idea!
Thanks!!

Actually I have one more funny story. This happened about a week before I got my CX-5.
I took my dad to the Mazda dealership to show him the car (as he thought I was crazy, going from a Mercedes to a Mazda). We're sitting at Dunkin Donuts across the street from the dealership, just having coffee. Suddenly I see a woman parking her white CX-5 right in front of DD (it's a little strip mall with a bunch of stores) - so before my dad has time to say a thing, I run out wanting to talk to her and ask questions about the car. She was pretty nice, said they had GMC Acadia before and really like this one, etc etc.. We finish talking, I go back inside, and then my dad shows me that I have my butter croissant flakes all over my face. LOL!! Well maybe not all over, I'm not a 3-year old, but still... I felt so embarrassed! But at least I got a good feedback about that car :)

Went for a late night push in the twisties to see what she could do. The car is light on its feet, you don`t feel like you`re in a heavy car. The handling, steering, shifting, braking and acceleration are all excellent.

I forgot I was in a CUV, this handles and feels like a fun sporty car.

Best of all, filled it up and calculated out that I got 30mpg with all city.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
My feul economy started with 9.9liter for 100 km with 70% city and 30% Hway now getting slowly to 9.4 I am so happy about the gas mileage. I love to go for a long drive and see how much going to give for the Highway alone and let you know guys. SIMPLY our family love this vehicle.

Also Best thing was My insurance premium went from 300 canadian per month to 225 canadian that was sweeet.

The day I registered my new GT, I walked out with a new plate in hand and started to go to another Zeal Red CX 5....go figure what are the odds there were two in the parking lot and only two spaces apart.

Back