Corksport lowering springs interest thread

Mistersix

:
MAZDASPEED6
Who's interested in lowering springs for their CX-5? Lets give Corksport an idea of how many people on this forum are after lowering springs. I myself am interested and i feel there is a market for parts for this platform and would like to see Corksport get ahead of the curve and make some parts.

The big question is how low will you go. I've read enough on here to know that the popular consensus seems to be somewhere around 1.5"-2" in the front and a tad more in the back. Either way, i think we can all agree this platform needs a drop. But a modest drop that won't kill the ride or bottom out on bumps when towing or hauling the family around. So copy paste the list in your post if your interested.

1. Mistersix
2. Exspeedaway
3. Sthio
4. beejaa
5. Jcanracer
6. pt00323i
7. awmenard
8. fredbuteau
9. redline3104
10. da5id
11. OneOWonder
12. Orally (bought H&R instead)
13. GRCRYGTR
14. Akira
15. luvmycx5

Last edited:
Who's interested in lowering springs for their CX-5? Lets give Corksport an idea of how many people on this forum are after lowering springs. I myself am interested and i feel there is a market for parts for this platform and would like to see Corksport get ahead of the curve and make some parts.

The big question is how low will you go. I've read enough on here to know that the popular consensus seems to be somewhere around 1.5"-2" in the front and a tad more in the back. Either way, i think we can all agree this platform needs a drop. But a modest drop that won't kill the ride or bottom out on bumps when towing or hauling the family around. So copy paste the list in your post if your interested.

1. Mistersix
2. Exspeedaway

1. Mistersix
2. Exspeedaway
3. Sthio

1. Mistersix
2. Exspeedaway
3. Sthio
4. beejaa

Damn i though for sure this list would take off. I guess 5 is not bad for a slightly dead forum. Looks like we all may be going with the H&R springs.

While I am only just considering purchasing a CX5, it is at the top of my list and lowering it would be one of the first things I would want to do (unless Mazda has a sudden change of heart about the new 6 wagon coming over here). Based on the photos of the 3"f/4"b drop I'm thinking 2 and 3 would be perfect. Maybe it would be possible to have the H&R springs custom modified for more drop...

At that point one would just custom the stock springs. But i would assume that would possibly wreck ride quality.

I'm waiting for a silver 6mt in Dec, but already looked into suspension setup.. no one make the shocks for it yet, so 1.5-2" drop should be ok. so I'm in, but looks like H&R is good enough for now. how about a larger Rear sway----Corksport!

1. Mistersix
2. Exspeedaway
3. Sthio
4. beejaa
5. Jcanracer
6. pt00323i
---

I'm also looking for a 1.5 to 2 inch drop

1. Mistersix
2. Exspeedaway
3. Sthio
4. beejaa
5. Jcanracer
6. pt00323i
7. awmenard

I'm also looking for a 1.5 to 2 inch drop

1. Mistersix
2. Exspeedaway
3. Sthio
4. beejaa
5. Jcanracer
6. pt00323i
7. awmenard

I don't currently own a CX5, but I'm waiting next year to see diesel or 2.5 option. Nonetheless, I'M getting this vehicle within the next year. Count me in the interested list!

1. Mistersix
2. Exspeedaway
3. Sthio
4. beejaa
5. Jcanracer
6. pt00323i
7. awmenard
8. fredbuteau

Thanks everyone! I am keeping an eye on the thread and referring anyone who shows interest in CX-5 springs to it to get added to the list.

count me in!
I don't currently own a CX5, but I'm waiting next year to see diesel or 2.5 option. Nonetheless, I'M getting this vehicle within the next year. Count me in the interested list!

1. Mistersix
2. Exspeedaway
3. Sthio
4. beejaa
5. Jcanracer
6. pt00323i
7. awmenard
8. fredbuteau
9. redline3104

Woots!! i thought this tread will go down the drain, but its looking good now! keep it up guys!

1. Mistersix
2. Exspeedaway
3. Sthio
4. beejaa
5. Jcanracer
6. pt00323i
7. awmenard
8. fredbuteau
9. redline3104
10. da5id

Cool. We're getting some where.

If we could have springs made available to market by spring i think Corksport would do well with it.

Who knows, maybe they'll pound out a CAI for it too.

Back