Spicy Orange Mazdaspeed Protege (GT28/Steedspeed/ATP/SLS/HiBoost/AWR/DaveB) CLEAN!!!

WILLING TO TRADE FOR THE RIGHT Protege5 or Sedan PLUS CASH

Name: Al
Means of Contact: PM or Post Here, will give out number through PM for those interested.
Year/Make/Model: 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege Spicy Orange
Miles: 140,000
Price: $5,400 FIRM
Title Type: Clear
Activities: Daily Beater
Smoked In: No

The Bad: Rash on one of the wheels, few very small chips on hood/bottom of bumper...
The Good: AMAZING Shape, Some very high quality mods, completely stock other then the motor...runs very strong at only 6 PSI...

Up for sale is my 2003 Spicy Orange Mazdaspeed Protege.

Very hard to find car in this color and even harder to find one in this condition.

Car runs amazing and has perfect compression all the way across. Running only 6 PSI on a Stock GT25 with MPNick GT28 internals. The turbo itself is good up to 400HP and has less then 5K miles on it.

Mod List:
Brand New Pirelli P-Zero Nero Tires (less then 500 Miles)
Steedspeed Turbo manifold V2
MPNick T25 w/ T28 Internals
ATP Wastegate
Corksport Downpipe 2.5"
SLS Catless Midpipe (Catback)
JoeP MBC (Set at 6PSI)
Hiboost FMIC
HKS SSQV BOV
Kartboy Shifter Bushings
Vibrant Vacuum Block
Innovative motorsports Boost Gauge
ForceFed Gauge Pod
DaveB Gauge Rings
AWR Front and Rear Motor Mounts w/ Side Inserts

Protege-1.jpg

Proteg.jpg

Prote.jpg

Prot.jpg

Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my god.. 2 spicy's within 10 feet of each other. How did the universe not implode on itself????

Great looking car though, very tasteful and obviously well taken care of. Good luck with sale!!

That motor millage is what kills the price for me, I can do 4g's but with that mile count with those mods are eh for me.

FWIW, the mileage is mainly hwy...i lived 60 miles from work (one way)...the car was never abused, raced, etc. it was mine and i'm in my 30's with 4 kids...so it wasn't abused. the mods were added after the stock turbo went to crap...so i pretty much replaced from the head back since i had the money and the time. it's a good car...don't let 140 on the odo scare you.

Thanks, as I originally said when I got it, picked this up to replace my Protege5, but it just isn't the same as having the wagon...I have been back and forth about keeping it, but really just love the feel of a hatch...

sweet ride, and from SC too!! Im from Columbia, but Ive been in TX due to the military for the past 6 years. Good luck with the sale.

140 does scare me cause most people I know still blow their motor around 100k. But I have a friend with 200k on his. It's a odd thing. But sadly that's my price due to travel I would have to do.

Yea well actually I may be selling soon enough. Picking up a Miata tomorrow and I'll see if I can deal with it as a DD before I get rid of the Protege. Miata needs a top though, you wouldn't happen to have one lying around would you?

Back