Intermittant: No audio on incoming calls from iPhone 5

cx5gt_au

:
CX-5 GT
Intermittant: iPhone 5 / iOS 6 issues with Bluetooth

There's another thread of iPhone 5 here, but it contains other information about streaming music, so I thought I'd start a new one.

When using an iPhone 5 and BT Audio - most of the time, incoming calls do not have any audio available to the car sound system.

There doesn't seem to be a way to replicate it, here are the scenarios :

Incoming Call 1: No Audio
Incoming Call 2: No Audio
Incoming Call 3: Audio

Incoming Call 1: No Audio
Incoming Call 2: Audio

Incoming Call 1: Audio

*Update* : Names from address book also don't populate intermittently on incoming calls.

Outbound calls are fine - audio works all the time.

This happens on the GT model and also the Maxx model. I'm not sure this is specific to iOS 6.

I know the iPhone 4S on iOS 5.1.1 was fine - no problems there. So it seems to be specific to iPhone 5 and/or iOS 6.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I have the same problem, but I have a 4s that's upgraded to OS 6. I also have trouble making outgoing calls

from the sound of things, it appears that to have things work again you may have to downgrade to ios 5.1.1 if possible. or even see if an iphone 5 may run ios 5.1.1?

i've hesitated in getting an iphone 5 or updating to ios 6 due to reports of a variety of other non-mazda related issues and the lack of google maps app, which i use almost everyday to supplement my nav system. hopefully apple(& google) will work them all out.

from the sound of things, it appears that to have things work again you may have to downgrade to ios 5.1.1 if possible. or even see if an iphone 5 may run ios 5.1.1?

i've hesitated in getting an iphone 5 or updating to ios 6 due to reports of a variety of other non-mazda related issues and the lack of google maps app, which i use almost everyday to supplement my nav system. hopefully apple(& google) will work them all out.

Once you move to iOS 6, you can't downgrade. iPhone 5 was designed for iOS 6 - so even if you could downgrade, you can't :(

The work around for now seems to be to use iPhone to change audio source from iPhone, back to Mazda and then audio routes via the car as expected.

If you like Google Maps, don't upgrade. There's no turning back! :)

I have the iphone 5 and when my bluetooth audio is on and theres an incoming call ... I cant hear anything... Outgoing calls work fine but on incoming calls i cant hear anything. The 4S was fine but the 5 is giving me this problem.

Once you move to iOS 6, you can't downgrade. iPhone 5 was designed for iOS 6 - so even if you could downgrade, you can't :(

The work around for now seems to be to use iPhone to change audio source from iPhone, back to Mazda and then audio routes via the car as expected.

If you like Google Maps, don't upgrade. There's no turning back! :)

generally speaking this is true & i agree.

however, there are ways to downgrade if you have 5.1.1 ipsw backed up. it gets more hands on. i make sure to keep backups before i make major ios updates for this reason. this thread over at macrumors either backs up via a 3rd party application (tiny umbrella), jailbroken backup and restore hacks -if your phone was jailbroken, or downloading 5.1.1 altogether -depending whether apple still signs the download on their servers during the install process(ymmv).

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1446195

Wow Apple is just hitting this phone and OS out of the ball park. I knew Apple would stumble one day but didn't think it would be so soon. I have never heard so many issues with a phone that suppose to be "The Best". Hope they figure this out!

Wow Apple is just hitting this phone and OS out of the ball park. I knew Apple would stumble one day but didn't think it would be so soon. I have never heard so many issues with a phone that suppose to be "The Best". Hope they figure this out!

Samsung has dropped the ball with the Galaxy S3, supposedly a iPhone killer - it's a nice phone but not even close to the ease of use of an iPhone. (I wish I had gone iPhone... now I'm indentured for 3 years unless I want to pay a huge early upgrade fee.) Many bluetooth problems with the S3 phone as well. I can't help but wonder if the Mazda unit is partly to blame. It works well with older phones, but I suspect it needs an upgrade to work with the newer phones.

I read recently that Apple is having a bunch of connectivity issues with iOS6, particularly WiFi connectivity, but can't help but wonder if bluetooth is affected as well.

I tried with my 3GS with IOS6, and I get no USB Error, music playback is fine and the calls incoming and outgoing are fine too.
Can't tell for Iphone4 and 4S - But Iphone5/IOS6 has issues with bluetooth calls and USB

Back