Door sills

PrOx

:
Mazda CX5 GT w/tech pkg
Ive been reading into this forum for a while even before i got my cx5, and there has been lots of helpful ideas and advice given. That being said--Ive been searching around the web for door sills for our cars, i found a couple nice ones on ebay that say "CX-5" on it, and i saw an illuminated on there as well. Has anyone gone around and installed door sills on their cx5 yet? If so, can you post up some pics of it on the car?

I ordered some Chinese ones off ebay earlier this month for like $26. Should be here any day. Slow boat is very slow this time of year...

i love the lighted door sills sold at non-"north american" dealers in blue illumination since the "cx-5" logo looks custom cut (not a 'universal' box window sill made into various makes & models i've seen on ebay) and the skid plate design looks clean compared to the chinavasion ones. that's just based on stock photos of all three lighted versions i've seen; but, actual photos of them would be nice to get a better idea of how they actually are.

for reference, here's the mazda "oem" accessory version in red illumination & yet another accessory us in the u.s. can't readily have:
http://mazda-cx5.sgpetch.co.uk/pages/accessories/detail/model=414/category=ROOT-interior/accessory=Illuminated+Scuff+Plates/id=12664

i love the lighted door sills sold at non-"north american" dealers in blue illumination since the "cx-5" logo looks custom cut (not a 'universal' box window sill made into various makes & models i've seen on ebay) and the skid plate design looks clean compared to the chinavasion ones. that's just based on stock photos of all three lighted versions i've seen; but, actual photos of them would be nice to get a better idea of how they actually are.

for reference, here's the mazda "oem" accessory version in red illumination & yet another accessory us in the u.s. can't readily have:
http://mazda-cx5.sgpetch.co.uk/pages/accessories/detail/model=414/category=ROOT-interior/accessory=Illuminated+Scuff+Plates/id=12664

Um, lets see. Approximately $170 us versus $26 dollars. Pretty much a no brainer.

Hi,

Here is a picture of mine. They look good in day light also, except the illumination is not that bright naturally. They look then more like white. That said I was planning to change the color of the light to white because I think it is more neat. I didn't install myself but took it to a shop. They charged $75 and all 4 of them are installed nicely. I ordered these from china. I have also ordered chrome door handles and such from there. All look good, I can send more pictures in the future. And the interior LED light is from corksport.

I dont know why the pic doesn't show up, here's a link http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/20120925203731.jpg/

Last edited:
Hi,

Here is a picture of mine. They look good in day light also, except the illumination is not that bright naturally. They look then more like white. That said I was planning to change the color of the light to white because I think it is more neat. I didn't install myself but took it to a shop. They charged $75 and all 4 of them are installed nicely. I ordered these from china. I have also ordered chrome door handles and such from there. All look good, I can send more pictures in the future. And the interior LED light is from corksport.

I dont know why the pic doesn't show up, here's a link http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/20120925203731.jpg/

The LED ones actually look pretty neat, i thought they would like kinda ricey, but not at all. Where did you get those from?

I bought from winsomechina.com. I also thought those might be too much but I like them. Heres few more pics

20120928154933.jpg

20120928154919.jpg

201209281547311.jpg

And this is offtopic but I like the chrome handles also

20120928154701.jpg

I read somewhere that installing the LED door sills will void the warranty? Any truth to that?

I got my ebay door sills today and stuck them on. They had 3m tape preinstalled and are of pretty nice quality.

Attachments

• 2012-10-01_17-21-25_869.jpg
    2012-10-01_17-21-25_869.jpg
    758.3 KB · Views: 4,334
Last edited:
Yeah. This is them specifically if anyone else is thinking to order. Took a solid 3 weeks to get here.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=230835887554

Um, lets see. Approximately $170 us versus $26 dollars. Pretty much a no brainer.
price-wise, can't argue about that.

weeboom, thanks for sharing the pics. they look great.

for anybody with lighted door sills, how were you guys able to run the wires to the power? are the wires exposed or kinked at any point? concerned about it being kinked if it goes around to the black rubber seal & plastic portion or if any drilling is involved.

puddle.jumper I installed oem that i purchased from the UK.I had to access power form drivers side inside quarter panel.All plastic everything plus jack and all that stuff had to come off.It showed a green wire and violet wire to pull power and ground from,there is no green but brown so being color blind like i really am.I had to ask my wife for help,tried the brown nothing turned out to be the blue and white after getting out the ohm meter.If i had to do another install it would be very easy.In addition to the scuff plates I also installed led foot-well lights which used jumpers off the new harness for the scuff plates.My wife loves them really makes the interior upscale.

thanks tireman1. :)

i am curious, how were you able to purchase the oem ones from the uk? and how much did it end up costing -the sills alone, and altogether with the footwell and jumper harness? it sounds like a lot of work removing all the plastic trim pieces. did you need special tools? i saw special plastic dash pry bar tools on ebay but not sure if they're worth getting.

the footwell lights look great on the dealer site. i was contemplating doing something similar with led footwell bars from ijdmtoy. i would then have to figure out the wiring so they activate when the dome lights go off when the doors open.

Hi tireman1, would you mind posting pictures? Would love to see the interior changes.. If your wife loves them I am pretty sure I would too ;-) lol. Thanks in advance.

no special tools puddle jumper i have an extra wiring harness which i will not use made just for the footwell lights ties into the left foot fuse box,just pm me and i will send it to you.I plan on sending picks this weekend,i also purchased and installed the led drl's really bad ass ok cool

Damn it Weeboom! I wanted to have blue ones as well, but ended up with stock ones (red/orange depending on angle) and only front lit:

Cheers,
Miki

Ordered my door sills on October 3, still waiting!! One slow ship from China... Estimated delivery says November 2nd!!

Back