fuel tank

cliffkaiyan

:
Mazda, CX-5
Is there anyone know how many liters of gas the tank can hold? I've been driven my mt CX5 for over 3000 km, filled up every time when the fuel light turn on but I only able to fill up the tank no more than 43 liter, as far as I know that the spec is 54L.

Last edited:
The fuel tank is 58 litres. I normally will fill with one bar remaining and it's usually about 48-49 litres. Their estimates are always on the conservative side.

I was just talking to my sales guy when I went in for my first service, he told me 56 liter tank and 58 liter tanks depending if you have rear wheel drive. In the rear wheel there is a smaller tank. This is Canada BTW. I have found with myself 1/4 bars left I can put 40 liters in the tank. No bars left I can put 50 in it meaning with no bars you have about 40-60 KM to find a gas station :)

Last edited:
I guess the 56L tank is including the reserved? Is this a Mazda thing that the spec no. Is included the the reserved.........
I've own a HONDA, TOYOTA, VW, BMW, HYUNDAI....., never had one like that. Thanks guys for the info.

Back