Auto volume control

StackH

:
Mazda CX-5 2.2D Sport Nav
I can't seem to find any settings for this, but does the CX-5 audio have auto volume control (increasing/decreasing audio volume in relation to ambient noise or vehicle speed) ?

I have the Bose package, if it makes any difference.

I can't seem to find any settings for this, but does the CX-5 audio have auto volume control (increasing/decreasing audio volume in relation to ambient noise or vehicle speed) ?

I have the Bose package, if it makes any difference.

Yes... I think you get the audio screen up, press SETUP, look below the BASS, etc. settings (might be a page down) for Auto Level Control or Audio Pilot (depending on which Bose you have).

audio pilot does not adjust volume for speed

it barely does anything imho, it supposedly adjusts the sound to make it more audible not louder, depending on ambient noise

i think its just typical bogus bose advertising

audio pilot does not adjust volume for speed

it barely does anything imho, it supposedly adjusts the sound to make it more audible not louder, depending on ambient noise

It apparently does both (volume and qualities). From the manual:

"AudioPilot 2*4
AudioPilot 2 automatically adjusts audio
volume and sound quality in accordance
with the level of noise entering the vehicle
interior while driving. When AudioPilot
2 is turned on, the system automatically
calculates the conditions for optimum
hearing of sound which may be difficult
to hear depending on exterior noise."

It apparently does both (volume and qualities). From the manual:

"AudioPilot 2*4
AudioPilot 2 automatically adjusts audio
volume and sound quality in accordance
with the level of noise entering the vehicle
interior while driving. When AudioPilot
2 is turned on, the system automatically
calculates the conditions for optimum
hearing of sound which may be difficult
to hear depending on exterior noise."

i found an animation explaining what supposedly happens, it seemed to say that it didn't just 'increase volume'

regardless, i dont see any difference at all having audio pilot on or off

I've had this on and it doesn't seem to work. I never see the volume going up or down as I speed up and slow down.

Audio Pilot is either completely broken, or highly flawed. It does literally nothing on my stereo. Absolutely no difference engaged or not. I still have to manually ride volume controls. I think it's actually broken, and inactive.

It is not broken... It is supposed to work undetected in the background as it compensates for road/wind noise by changing audio frequency more so than volume alone.

It works for me. Its not directly tied to speed, like old systems used to be (which assumed noise levels would rise as you go faster). It uses the microphones in the overhead console, to monitor the cabin noise level. They are repairing the roads near my house, and so all the road has been scraped down. Its very loud when driving on it. When I turn onto that from the regular road surface, the volume increase is very noticeable. When just cruising around suburban roads its not very noticeable, and that is kind of the point -- the noise level doesn't change much in those conditions. If you listen to the music very loudly, there may be a point at which it won't increase it anymore (to prevent hearing loss). Finally, it does more than just change the volume, which isn't always a good thing. It tries to boost the sound in the range of frequencies where the ambient noise is coming from, akin to the same Bose technology they use in their headphones. Most of the time this works, but I've found with certain songs the sound shaping results in parts of the music become harder to hear when it messes with the sound.

We don't think it works either. Try the same songs over the same road with it on and off and see if you notice any difference. We did not and it's on the "list" to get fixed.

Latest posts

Back