When will service manual be available?

Thought I'd post an update to this. Both messages received today.

From Mazda USA corporate: "I checked with our Publications Department and was advised that dealers will be able to order the CX-5 workshop manual by the end of the week." This was after their first answer was that the manual is already available now.

From my local dealer when I told them that Mazda is saying that the manual is available now: " Yes, they aren’t “really” informed on the latest updates at that level. It’s Mazda’s “frontline” of communication for the consumer. At the dealer level, we have access to gaining information that’s not out there for the general public. From what I am getting from those that do know about the delay, some 300 pages of the manual had to go back with revisions. The publisher will be sending a copy of those revisions to Mazda for the official “stamp of approval”. What we are hoping for, is to know something by the end of next week at the latest."

Don't know if you've never owned a Mazda before, but brace yourself. The WSM for Miatas typically run about $140.

Don't know if you've never owned a Mazda before, but brace yourself. The WSM for Miatas typically run about $140.

unless a friendly forum member uploads the digital copy for all of us :D

that is what happened with the subara BRZ about a month after the car was released...

not to mention, there's a separate manual for electrical wiring. this makes total cost much more than one definitive book -unlike other cars i've owned where it was all in one workshop manual.

Thought I'd post an update to this. Both messages received today.

From Mazda USA corporate: "I checked with our Publications Department and was advised that dealers will be able to order the CX-5 workshop manual by the end of the week." This was after their first answer was that the manual is already available now.

From my local dealer when I told them that Mazda is saying that the manual is available now: " Yes, they aren’t “really” informed on the latest updates at that level. It’s Mazda’s “frontline” of communication for the consumer. At the dealer level, we have access to gaining information that’s not out there for the general public. From what I am getting from those that do know about the delay, some 300 pages of the manual had to go back with revisions. The publisher will be sending a copy of those revisions to Mazda for the official “stamp of approval”. What we are hoping for, is to know something by the end of next week at the latest."

i was at my local mazda dealer on the 20th of october. the parts department said, after looking extensively at their computer, there is no information available to them regarding the workshop manual or the electrical one. if the revisions are true, then there is a significant delay and lack of communication on what is going on.

I was finally able to order the manual today at my local dealer. Y'all weren't kidding about the high price! $175 + $16 shipping + tax = just over $200.
I've never paid anywhere close to that with my other cars, but it will still pay off for me. I do as much of my own work as I can, but I like to read the directions first. :)

My invoice lists part number 999995033B13 - Shop Manual. It doesn't specifically say CX-5, although the part description field is only 9 characters long.
Nothing come up when you Google this number, so it may just be a generic code.

Indeed, they are well worth the money.

But, for me, outside of prelimenary troubleshooting, WSM's hold their value most when the vehivle is no longer serviceable under warranty.

I'm still going to buy one soon, though. heh heh.

Back