UK paint protection film

soupafly

:
Mazda CX-5 2.2D SPORT
Whilst awaiting to take delivery of my CX-5, I looked into paint protection film because of 2 reasons. Firstly, the front of the car bumper (fender to our overseas cousins) is vertical and secondly, new car paint thickness seems to be getting thinner. For this reason, I weighed up budgeting for a front bumper/bonnet leading edge re-spray prior to selling, or have paint protection film fitted.

I tended toward the film as I thought 'why should I live with paint chips developing during my ownership'. Plus, when I've had front ends resprayed in the past the job hasn't been perfect.

I invited listed film installers within 75 miles of me to quote. I settled on Ventureshield product because of its widespread use and guarantee. After a little thought, I ruled out buying a kit off Ebay and fitting myself because that wasn't an option for me.

So long an short, I used Covertech in Birmingham. I was a bit sceptical because I knew nothing about them but immeiately after taking ownership the car, I drove it over to the two brothers who run the business and I was very pleasantly suprised to find two very courteous and professional looking experienced guys with a heritage in cars and engineering. Their premises are spotless. hey talked me through the process and the care they would be taking in application. I was no longer worried about the outfit. I knew then I'd made the right decision. Anyway, my wife and I got a lift into the city and spent the day as tourists before we got a call 5 hours later to say the car is done and when would we like to be collected.

The film application is excellent. I'm very happy and very happy in the knowledge that the chaps would be helpful if ever it developed a problem.

10/10 for quality and service.

Here is a link to their website where you'll find an image of my car post film application.

http://www.covertechmidlands.com/car_gallery.php#

Whilst awaiting to take delivery of my CX-5, I looked into paint protection film because of 2 reasons. Firstly, the front of the car bumper (fender to our overseas cousins) is vertical and secondly, new car paint thickness seems to be getting thinner. For this reason, I weighed up budgeting for a front bumper/bonnet leading edge re-spray prior to selling, or have paint protection film fitted.

I tended toward the film as I thought 'why should I live with paint chips developing during my ownership'. Plus, when I've had front ends resprayed in the past the job hasn't been perfect.

I invited listed film installers within 75 miles of me to quote. I settled on Ventureshield product because of its widespread use and guarantee. After a little thought, I ruled out buying a kit off Ebay and fitting myself because that wasn't an option for me.

So long an short, I used Covertech in Birmingham. I was a bit sceptical because I knew nothing about them but immeiately after taking ownership the car, I drove it over to the two brothers who run the business and I was very pleasantly suprised to find two very courteous and professional looking experienced guys with a heritage in cars and engineering. Their premises are spotless. hey talked me through the process and the care they would be taking in application. I was no longer worried about the outfit. I knew then I'd made the right decision. Anyway, my wife and I got a lift into the city and spent the day as tourists before we got a call 5 hours later to say the car is done and when would we like to be collected.

The film application is excellent. I'm very happy and very happy in the knowledge that the chaps would be helpful if ever it developed a problem.

10/10 for quality and service.

Here is a link to their website where you'll find an image of my car post film application.

http://www.covertechmidlands.com/car_gallery.php#

I see they have a number of different options on where is protected. What did you go for? How much did this cost?

I went for std kit plus A pillar protection and rear strip on top of bumper lip, by the hatch opening. They quoted 500 but will price match. There are some slightly cheaper places around but not all of them use the same films and I didn't find the saving to be more than 10%.

I guess it depends what is most important to you. If bottom line price is more important than anything else then have a go at fitting it yourself and get a kit off Ebay for around 250. If quality, trust and after sales service then I can recommend Covertech from my own experience. I'm sure other installers offer a similar level of quality and service at the same price but I cannot recommend them.

Back