Wheel Lock Key M.I.A.

Just-Belt-Me

:
CX-5 Touring
I'm unable to locate the key for my wheel locks. Didn't think to look for it before leaving the dealer which is 45 minutes away; when I called them they said it should be in with the spare tire, jack, etc. I looked three times and also checked the glove box & console with no luck. Also took it to a local dealer to have them take a look thinking I was just not seeing it but he couldn't find it either. When I called the dealer I purchased it from they were very accommodating and said they would replace them for free.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions on where to look before I head over to the dealer?

Minus one point for me for not checking before leaving the dealership.

What wheel locks? (My GT did not come with any.)

The Touring they had on the lot in the color I wanted had the Moonroof/Bose Package + wheel locks which I was indifferent about but when a final price was negotiated I ended up with a pretty sweet deal.

As it turns out, I ended up returning to the dealer today and they put new locks on free of charge, no hassles at all.
This time I made sure I had the key before I left there.

Yes. I had the same problem and I did find it in the spare tire compartment after looking several times. It is zip tied to the lugnut tool (I think that's what it is) near the back on the left side.

It is an option, of course.

Mine was in the spare/jack compartment as well, but was resting loosely. Was a good thing too, because I'd already had the car up on 4 jackstands. Would have been pissed if the lock didn't turn up.

You can have more made. There should be a code or serial number somewhere. Maybe in the glove compartment?

Before they installed the replacements, we looked one more time to make sure the key wasn't in the vehicle somewhere, but no luck. They weren't sure if they messed up or if it was a Mazda overlook before shipping.

But, they were smart, they gave me the new key still in the original packaging and I see there is a zip tie in it along with a registration card stamped with the I.D. number to order extra keys or locks.

In case anyone needs the info regarding wheel locks, the company is McGard. 3875 California Rd. Orchard Park, NY 14127
Their phone number is 1-800-444-5847 or direct 716-662-8980
Mazda part #0000 88-12D-BP

To be honest I want to get rid of mine.. I cant imagine trying to change a flat tire and the silly wheel lock slips, I had had it happen before and I was stuck with a lug I could not get off and in the middle of no where. I had to have it towed and torched off. I will never use them again... I don't know if they are built better now but I hate them. First service I am getting them to replace mine with standard lugs.

Back