Need Advice, FAST!

LFebs519

:
2009 Mazda 3
I ordered my Mazda CX-5 GT with/tech package white/sand combo June 28th- been waiting 3 MONTHS to get it in. I emailed my sales guy like 2 weeks ago and he said it would be here this week, I emailed again yesterday asking what was up and he emailed me back this morning saying to call him. SO, I called him. He says they don't know where my car is, it's lost gave no further details (what the heck?). To remedy this they someone DRIVING up another one to the dealership today (but couldnt tell me where it was coming from). Plus side is it has a trailer hitch(which I wont ever use) and a remote start (which I really wanted but was an extra $525, couldn't afford) which clearly they are not going to charge me for. Downside is that because they are driving it here and not flat bedding it, the car will have about 500 miles by the time it gets here.
So I don't know what to do now, my Dad got all up in arms saying what is wrong with them how did they mess up so bad blah blah he doesnt think I should take the car. My mom says she thinks I should take it because it has the remote start which I really wanted...Everyone at work says go for it as long as they knock some money off. I dont know, what do you all think, what would you do?

Its almost broken in for you by the time you get it, that's a plus.
Honestly I've had dealers offer to transport cars from other dealers to my location because I specifically wanted manual, BUT it would be transported on a truck for no less than $750 out of my pocket.
If the dealer is trying to do the right thing for you in obtaining one from another dealership to bring it to you, I wouldnt be up in arms, but I would have asked for it to be brought on a flatbed instead of driven, but your dad getting upset at them might have nixed that possibility.

As long as you're not paying more, you're good to go in my opinion.

Thank you Jcanracer. They already had someone driving it before they even told me about this situation, so I didn't have a choice for flatbed. My dad got mad at them, but they don't know it haha. I am buying this myself, but of course I called my parents to share the news and that's when they both had their opinions! I just hope whoever is driving it here doesnt beat on it :(

No worries dude. Mine was driven from Austin to Houston because I wanted a manual. It had about 280 miles on it. Not a scratch and all the factory stickers were still on it. 500 miles is still a brand new car. You'll put that many miles on it in the first week or two of normal driving. Don't let the dealer know you're okay with it though. Use it as a bargaining chip! Test drive and inspect it extensively before signing. Hope it all works out for ya.

Make sure you check that car from top to bottom for scratches etc. Make sure it has no dings or anything from them driving it. Next to that 500 Miles is nothing. My car came with 400 KM on it because it was on the lot and the only one with these features. you are getting about $1000 in bonuses for the screw up. I would not worry about it and take the deal and run, 500 Miles is nothing youll put that on in 2 weeks and never think about it again!

Should be fine but...
Not wishing to put the 'dampers on things', it depends how it is driven. If you can trust the dealers, fine.

I've known a car be delivered by a young employee who thrashed the new car. This could have implications for later wear and tear.
But everything should be OK.

Make sure you check that car from top to bottom for scratches etc. Make sure it has no dings or anything from them driving it. Next to that 500 Miles is nothing. My car came with 400 KM on it because it was on the lot and the only one with these features. you are getting about $1000 in bonuses for the screw up. I would not worry about it and take the deal and run, 500 Miles is nothing youll put that on in 2 weeks and never think about it again!

I totally agree, inspect it carefully, if you aren't completely happy, you can always walk away of wait for one in the condition you want (new) Maybe you can ask them to fully detail it before delivery to you to ensure there are no scraps and rock chips in it. 500 miles sounds like a lot to drive, I would have thought they'd flat bed it to you for that kind of distance. But as others have commented, they've just done a big chunk of the initial break-in for you so as long as there is no major cosmetic damage, you'll probably be fine.

I ordered my Mazda CX-5 GT with/tech package white/sand combo June 28th- been waiting 3 MONTHS to get it in. I emailed my sales guy like 2 weeks ago and he said it would be here this week, I emailed again yesterday asking what was up and he emailed me back this morning saying to call him. SO, I called him. He says they don't know where my car is, it's lost gave no further details (what the heck?). To remedy this they someone DRIVING up another one to the dealership today (but couldnt tell me where it was coming from). Plus side is it has a trailer hitch(which I wont ever use) and a remote start (which I really wanted but was an extra $525, couldn't afford) which clearly they are not going to charge me for. Downside is that because they are driving it here and not flat bedding it, the car will have about 500 miles by the time it gets here.
So I don't know what to do now, my Dad got all up in arms saying what is wrong with them how did they mess up so bad blah blah he doesnt think I should take the car. My mom says she thinks I should take it because it has the remote start which I really wanted...Everyone at work says go for it as long as they knock some money off. I dont know, what do you all think, what would you do?

definitely re-negotiate and try to knock a few hundred dollars off of it =) . good luck!

For what it's worth, I just last week bought my CX-5 with 5,000 miles on it. It was one of the first to arrive in the US (manufacture date 2/12) and was used by Mazda corporate folks for advertizing, marketing, etc. It had never been titled, so technically it's used but I'm the original owner. The dealership offered to (and did) fix all paint issues so when I picked it up the exterior was perfect as if brand new. Same for the interior. Full detail, etc. You'd never know by looking that it had 5,000 miles. I saved a couple thousand dollars on the deal. So as others have said, make sure that the dealership makes the interior and exterior perfect. The miles they are putting on are nothing really nothing in the long run. And they likely won't treat it any worse than people do on normal test drives.
Good luck!

Hey LFebs519...by now you may have gotten your new CX-5 and that it was delivered in perfect condition. Also, hoping they gave you something for the hassle...and since we used the same dealership I hope they treated you right so that I feel even better about my purchase with them. I would love to know the end result :)

Hey Ciara! Nope still haven't gotten it yet. I asked to come in Thursday night to go back over the numbers, as we only talked "rough #'s 3 months ago(and I NEVER signed anything) my salesman didn't have "time" for me and said the numbers were the same. Haha, I think not! You made me wait a month longer than you originally told me, then lost my order/car, then went ahead and drove another one here putting 500 miles on it without my consent or opinion. They closed at 6pm today, I work till 6 too and couldn't leave early. I was told I NEEDED an apointment so I've been asking for one for this Saturday to re-negotiate and look at/test drive the car for the past 2 days and here we are Friday night 10:30pm and I still don't have an apointment. To be honest I am beyond frustrated. The sales guy ALWAYS takes FOREVER to get back to me, doesn't have answers to my questions. Not to mention I sent my best friend to this salesman a month ago who bought a brand new Mazda 3 from them. Oh and they also "lost" my credit app so I had to fill out another one today, and when I had a question on it, it took him 2 hours to call me back. At this point I would love to tell them where to go and walk away, however I have been suv/cuv shopping since last September and the Mazda cx-5 is the only one I loved. I've been waiting 3 months to get the exact color combo and options I wanted...I just can't imagine walking away at this point. *SIGH*

I never heard of a new car being driven 500 miles to a different dealer. I would hve walked away from this deal when the dealer lost contro of when the car would be delivered. At a minimum you shoudl be payng no more than invoice minus 2% hold back and any thing like a hitch etc should not even be considered as part of the cost. A lousy shady dealer in my opinion. You bought a used vehicle period.

They are unwilling to take any money off...thoughts

If I were you I would probably find another dealer. They sound like jerks. I have been in your shoes with a porsche I wanted to by. I finally gave up and I negotiated with an out of town dealer, flew in and had the dealer pick me up at the airport. We made a mini vacation out of it and drove it home. Turned out that I saved more money doing that and had a little vacation on top of that.

I never heard of a new car being driven 500 miles to a different dealer. I would hve walked away from this deal when the dealer lost contro of when the car would be delivered. At a minimum you shoudl be payng no more than invoice minus 2% hold back and any thing like a hitch etc should not even be considered as part of the cost. A lousy shady dealer in my opinion. You bought a used vehicle period.
I agree. After 500 miles, it's a used car and you should be able to negotiate a new price.

I agree with the others that you should definitely NOT pay full-price for this car. If your salesman isn't helpful, find the general manager to speak with. If he's also a douche, then walk out. Let them know then that you'll be contacting Mazda North America to complain about your experience.

FWIW, my CX-5 was also a dealer swap that had 400 miles on it when I took delivery. I did get some money off as well as got the dealer to throw in a lot of accessories installed at no add'l cost. I've had no problems with it since.

Back