Engine or Radio Noise after installing HIDs

icarlos

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT
I got my 6000K HIDs installed in a shop today and there is an annoying acceleration noise coming either from radio or engine.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

I got my 6000K HIDs installed in a shop today and there is an annoying acceleration noise coming either from radio or engine.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thats weird...I dont have any noises. Maybe the ballast was mounted to close to the fuses? Sorry only thing i can come up with (braindead

No clue, I would take it back to the shop that put them in. Also, get some pictures up tonight please I want to see how they turned out

Took it to the shop and it was actually the amp not the Hid lights. Both were installed at the same time. Question: How do you upload pictures here?
Thanks!

noises like that are usually caused by improper grounding this would happen all the time to cars with only one grounding location when i use to work at a radio shop wed hook up mutiple grounding point very easy to do bro but it is weird since its the hids that are causing this

The noise is called a Mains hum. It is the result of a ground loop.
Seehere

Being that the ground loop is found in your car, the easiest solution is to install a ground loop isolator.

Your audio shop should know what to do, if they are worth a damn.

Last edited:
Not sure what kind of preamp you're using but the audiocontrol LC6i I am using has zero problems and it has 3 different grounding options if you do have a ground loop to eliminate it.

Audio shop was a nightmare, they reversed the wires on one of my front speakers and a tweeter on the other side. Had to come back for them to fix it and took three more hours to fix a rattle inside one door. To me looked like the idiot that installed my speakers was still drunk from the night before.

Tisk tisk not a very good thing I hope that's the last time u go to that shop... next time u need anything audio wise go to cruthfield there a lil expensive but they supply everything u need including step by step detailed instructions for ur specific car ! Besides stuff like this isn't difficult ...

Back