passenger air bag light always on??

da_jokker

:
Mazda cx-5 touring fwd
When no one is in the passenger seat the airbag off light located to the left of the clock is on the entire time i,m driving. Is this normal? Sort of distracting especially at night.

When no one is in the passenger seat the airbag off light located to the left of the clock is on the entire time i,m driving. Is this normal? Sort of distracting especially at night.

It is very important to know if the safety features of a car are turned off as apposed to the other way around that you are notified when they are on. If you have a baby in the seat next to you, you want to know that the light is off. I know it can be distracting at night as red means bad. If it really bugs you I am sure you could remove the wire to the led so that its never on. I can imagine it is only a LED. Not that I encourage or recommend it!

It is very important to know if the safety features of a car are turned off as apposed to the other way around that you are notified when they are on. If you have a baby in the seat next to you, you want to know that the light is off. I know it can be distracting at night as red means bad. If it really bugs you I am sure you could remove the wire to the led so that its never on. I can imagine it is only a LED. Not that I encourage or recommend it!

btw-Caution-No reason to have a baby in front seat next to you in a 5 seater SUV such as the CX-5, it's dangerous and not recommended (refer to CX-5 owners manual).

Also, in response to the comments by Caspan...if you have a child seat in the front passenger seat, the airbag off light needs to be ON, indicating that the airbag has been deactivated. Again...just like when the seat is empty and the light is on indicating that the airbag is disabled, this is how it needs to be with a child seat - airbag disabled, light ON.

Do not worry about it its norma once an adult sit on the front seat the light goes off. I was worried and rushed the dealer he said this secret.

Back