How to use remote start key??

robertmazda

:
2013 CX-5 Touring
I bought my CX-5 today, and it came with the remote start feature and key fob with LCD screen (it was a demo and already had this accessory). The salesman showed me how to start/stop the engine with the key fob, but it can obviously do more. I've searched the web but can't find any instructions on how to use this remote. Can someone point me to these instructions?

Thanks!!

Same length as the regular fob, but thicker. It has an LCD screen with 3 buttons (Start, Stop, F) on one side and 2 buttons (... and a car with lines on top). So far I've figured out that start and stop is done by pressing the F and start or stop button. And that the car with the lines on top is to find the car - it will honk and flash the lights. I haven't figured out the button with 3 dots (...). I also understand that this fob can't unlock or lock the doors, or activate the ignition, so you would have to carry both fobs, which seems dumb. Or remote start the car from inside the house and just leave it at home.

There was a special pamphlet that came in the glove box with ours for the remote start. Also know that the vehicle shuts off when a door is opened.

ok you know start stop.After start press start again to desired run time.If you press the F button after the car started it turns on the rear defrost(and mirrors if GT) thats all it does,start/stop/defrost.I fell for the "you can turn on heater/AC,and check cabin temp with remote",It does not they lied.You have to leave the defrost/heater switches on to your desired function and speed, the 3 dots are for programming do not press them unless you have the programming page

Back