CX-5 Weathertech Mats - Toronto

CX5er

:
Mazda CX-5 GS FWD
I've had my CX-5 for about 4 weeks now and I finally got the weathertech mat from the dealer with the CX-5 logo. I believe dealers in Toronto have started carrying them. Here are the pictures.

Box.JPGDriver Side.JPGFull Set.JPGPassenger Side.JPGWeathertech.JPG

Dealer is selling them at C$210 plus taxes

I am looking to get a set of these as well. They are worth it in my opinion to save the carpet from the salt in the winter. I bought the all winter mats for the other seasons but plan on purchasing these before winter hits. I also have my original mats that I plan on selling (if anyone is interested?) maybe shoudl keep them a few years then they might be worth more once you cannot get OEM any more.

Is it possible to get a "group buy" to work with a Canadian dealer that can ship them to folks in USA? With Pay Pal now, payment can be done easy. Any thoughts/comments? I love Weather Tech products and having the CX5 logo built in makes it nicer to own.

If the cx5 logo is not a 'must', carid.com sells them for $169+shipping. I would order from there but not sure if I'll get 'dinged' with duty and some extravagant brokerage fee!!

Anyone from Canada order from Carid before? Did you get nailed with duty and 'brokerage fees'? UPS and FedX are notorious for brokerage fees. I find USPS/Canada Post very reasonable (about $5).

Last edited:
I just purchased these from Mazda Last week, as much as I like how they are form fitted I still believe they could have done a better job to fit these right to the door sill. They leave a strip of carpet right under the door about 1 inch high. This is where all the salt and snow is going to drip off your feet so I was a little disappointed because of that. Also the way they work with the gas door handle is to just go around it.. again would have been nice to see it fitted around it to protect the carpet. They are not very rubbery they are very thin plastic (think laundry basket material) which I am afraid once the cold hits that those things will just become hard and not very pliable and maybe even brittle. Where Mazda put the grommets holes worries me also because I feel when the snow all meats off your feet that the water just pools (which is good) but not if it just leaks through the grommet holes to my carpet that this mat is suppose to be protecting. I want to do a little experiment to see how well sealed the holes are from leaking water. When I first installed the mats, the grommet hole connectors (what ever you call them) were free spinning and not fabricated into the mat but instead were a part fitted to it. This is what makes me believe it might leak.

I only paid 210 for mine with tax as I just asked the dealership for a discount because I have bought some other stuff from them. They are normally $230. I live in Ontario so pricing should be the same around here. I will get some pictures later today to show everyone how they look.

I just purchased these from Mazda Last week, as much as I like how they are form fitted I still believe they could have done a better job to fit these right to the door sill. They are not very rubbery they are very thin plastic (think laundry basket material) which I am afraid once the cold hits that those things will just become hard and not very pliable and maybe even brittle.

I think there is no need for concern. I picked up mine when I took delivery in August. The button hole aside, they are very much like the molded trays I had for a decade in my rpevious Volvo. These were also thin black plastic but wore very well and are now with her new owner.

Brian

hi just im new to this just got my CX-5 2 days ago.. and since winter is coming fast here in canada i looked into buying one of this husky matts... but i was wondering how much is the costum charges since im getting it shipped here?

i just picked mine up today. see my other post under the husky thread. i like the husky at first impression. literally 2 hours ago. i shipped to my us address and picked it up. put it in and drove back, didn't even tell them about it.

Just picked up my CX-5 branded weathertech mats from the dealer last week, loving them so far. In my Mazda3 I only ever bothered getting the "all-weather" mats, which more-or-less got the job done, but the floor liners are so much nicer.

Picked them up from Mazda of Toronto for $185+tax. Can't guarantee you will get the same price, but know that the markup is so high on these the dealer could go down this cheap and still make a profit.

Not to rain on your parade, but I chose the Husky mats because they cover the entire dead pedal area. And they were a bit cheaper in the US, not sure about my northern friends.

I too bought the Husky mats. I bought the front and rear floor on ebay for 132.00 and the OEM cargo on ebay for 71.00. Both with FREE shipping...Yippee. I chose them both for the price and the floor coverage. They do fit great and look great too. We recently had 17" of snow in 24 hours. I received them the day before the storm came. My only complaint is that they are slippery when wet.

I wonder if they will ship to the US. I really like those mats with the CX5 logo. What dealership in CA did you get them from CX5er? I will try to contact them.

Last edited:
I wonder if they will ship to the US. I really like those mats with the CX5 logo. What dealership in CA did you get them from CX5er? I will try to contact them.

I got it from Avante Mazda. Just go to their website to get the phone number info.

Just so you know i did my first winter cleaning of these mats. I can not believe how much crud they hold and not a drop of water or salt was under them or leaked through the quick snap holes. One thing I do not like is the fact that it is almost impossible to remove the rear mats without dripping some water off them onto the floor or rocks and debris onto the carpet. Other then that the fact that all that crap was not on my floor made me sooo happy. the carpet still looked brand new under it. Also the read rubber mat fro the cargo are was a breeze to clean and replace. Love this car!!

Do the Husky mats actually go around/under the gas pedal? And do the OEM mats cover the slanted left footrest type area like the wether tech do?

Back