How to remove the black gloss plastic on center console / passenger side?

Jwlj

:
2013 CX-5 Touring
Does anybody know how to remove the gloss black plastic trim piece that extends from the center console (air vents) to the passenger side?

I removed the glove box and I see some tabs, I however do not know how to get to any of the tabs in the center below the radio and above the climate controls.

I want to do this too. Any one done it? Or did you figure out how to do it? My piano black piece is already scratched just from trying to clean it. I want to take it off and do a vinyl white carbon fibre wrap on it. And a few other pieces while I'm at it. Any luck?

Last edited:
The tabs are difficult to get to near the radio. I think you'll have to remove it to get to the tabs in the center.

I tried to wrap it while leaving it in place. It came out ok, but wasn't good enough so I took it off. Difficult to get a clean cut around the air vents.

The tabs are difficult to get to near the radio. I think you'll have to remove it to get to the tabs in the center.

I tried to wrap it while leaving it in place. It came out ok, but wasn't good enough so I took it off. Difficult to get a clean cut around the air vents.

It is easy to remove. I have pulled it multiple times installing a new radio. Open the glove box grab the black trim piece with your fingers and pull. You can also pry with a screw driver. Start from the door and work your way in toward the center of the dash. It just snaps on. However be aware that the emergency switch is on the panel so you will have to disconnect the wire from the trim piece before you remove the panel from the car. You have to pull pretty hard to get the black piece to disconnect from the dash.

Center Grille

Hi,

Have you ever removed the center grille (I believe there are some wire or harness that are vibrating there).

Thanks!

Victor

It is easy to remove. I have pulled it multiple times installing a new radio. Open the glove box grab the black trim piece with your fingers and pull. You can also pry with a screw driver. Start from the door and work your way in toward the center of the dash. It just snaps on. However be aware that the emergency switch is on the panel so you will have to disconnect the wire from the trim piece before you remove the panel from the car. You have to pull pretty hard to get the black piece to disconnect from the dash.

Back