What tire pressure are you riding at?

CatButler

A few days after getting mine, I felt like I was getting bounced around a bit too much. After I got home, I checked the tire pressure and it was 38PSI on one of tires. I was going to check it after it a while, but never got around to it, but the door says 34. I was going to drop it down a couple of PSI this weekend. What are you running at?

you can't go wrong with what is recommended. However, check your pressure when the tires are cool, as in the morning before driving, as hot air expands thus increasing the tire pressure.

the owner manual says 36psi front and rear for the 19", that is what I am using.

why use anything else ?

just checked for 17" it is 34psi front and rear. In Mexico, pressures are different depending if you are full load or not (more than 3 persons), they can go as high as 38F/42rear

Last edited:
19" wheels, 38 pounds, measured cold. I have a compressor and gauge in the garage for adjusting pressure, so I can check pressures cold before driving and I don't have to deal with crap equipment at gas stations.

17" wheels, car was deliver with 43psi all round from dealership. Felt quite firm, I thought it was just stiff new suspension.
I have settled on 40 front and 38 rear (extra in front as it copes with engine weight, braking and steering forces).

It is always a compromise between comfort and economy/tyre wear.
I generally increase the manufacturers recommended pressures by 4psi as it is convenient to check tyre pressure when I fill the tank.
A lot of service stations now have digital presets for their machines, hope they are more accurate than the analogue guages.

Back