Metra announces single and double din install kits for CX-5

mongo2004

Metra Electronics is pleased to announce the production of 2 new radio replacement dash kits for the 2013 and up Mazda CX5.

The 95-7522B, designed specifically for the installation of Double Din radios. This kit is painted a scratch resistant matte black to match the factory color and finish.

The 99-7522B is the Single Din version. Also painted a scratch resistant matte black to match the factory color and finish. The kit is packaged with a pocket for storage.

To complete the install, use Metra harness 70-7903 harness. The 40-HD10 antenna adaptor which was originally used in Honda/Acura applications are being seen in more and more Mazda vehicles today.

Ordering mine today!

This is not yet available for purchase. My audio dealer spoke to his rep with Metra and they said it hasn't begun production on the parts yet and wouldn't be available for at least 8 weeks. However before I found this information, I had already purchased one off of Autotoys.com. I emailed them to check the status of my order and was told it was sold out. Now I guess I'm going to cancel that order. So if anyone tries to buy the kit online make sure its in stock before ordering :)

This is not yet available for purchase. My audio dealer spoke to his rep with Metra and they said it hasn't begun production on the parts yet and wouldn't be available for at least 8 weeks. However before I found this information, I had already purchased one off of Autotoys.com. I emailed them to check the status of my order and was told it was sold out. Now I guess I'm going to cancel that order. So if anyone tries to buy the kit online make sure its in stock before ordering :)

I spoke with Metra yesterday and they said that production is in progress and that I should be able to order it by the end of this week and have them in next week

I spoke with Metra yesterday and they said that production is in progress and that I should be able to order it by the end of this week and have them in next week

Where are you going to orders yours from? Thanks!

Where are you going to orders yours from? Thanks!

I got it from sonicelectronix who shipped it out today. They were the site recommended by Metra. I called them a couple of days ago to see if it was in stock and it wasn't but the customer service rep was great; he said they expected one (and only one!) in stock today and could place the order for me before it showed in stock/on their site. I got the shipping confirmation just a bit ago so it's on it's way! Fantastic customer service through them (vs autotoys who lied) and I can finally use the equipment I bought when autotoys said they had it in stock. It's shipping via DHL, which is a bit slow, so I'll probably get it middle of next week. I'll be sure to post pictures after the installation (it's a pioneer AVH-P8400BH) when it's done.

I got it from sonicelectronix who shipped it out today. They were the site recommended by Metra. I called them a couple of days ago to see if it was in stock and it wasn't but the customer service rep was great; he said they expected one (and only one!) in stock today and could place the order for me before it showed in stock/on their site. I got the shipping confirmation just a bit ago so it's on it's way! Fantastic customer service through them (vs autotoys who lied) and I can finally use the equipment I bought when autotoys said they had it in stock. It's shipping via DHL, which is a bit slow, so I'll probably get it middle of next week. I'll be sure to post pictures after the installation (it's a pioneer AVH-P8400BH) when it's done.

That's awesome! I went ahead and built a install kit myself while my Metra kit comes in from a local dealer. I'm using a Pioneer DEH-80PRS with a Helix H400 Espirt to push Hybrid Audio Imagine I61-2V2 6.5's in the front and a RF Power amp to push two Image Dynamics ID 8's sealed in the rear. I posted a pic of the deck installed and will have everything else done by this Sunday. I can't wait to hear how it sounds!! WP_000361.jpg

Okay, I got the kit in and installed!
Yes, use the Honda antenna adaptor. The only thing is, you need to hook thhe blue wire on it that powers the antenna to an ignition source (so te red wire on the wire adaptor). Neither of the blue wires on the wire harness adaptor powered it but works great on the ignition.
Here's a couple of pictures. The fit and texture is great and I'm extremely happy with it; there's no gaps (although shadows in the picture may make it look like there is) and it's pretty slick:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for sharing the pics xsproutx
That looks really nice. I'd been waiting to see it before I bought the exact same unit. Maybe as a gift "to my wife" for her birthday in a couple weeks. ;-)

Most likely,Crutchfield will provide the double din kit and adapters at no charge if you buy the radio equipment from them

That seems expensive and also isn't the metra one. Notice the finish on the dash kit part; looks more like rough ABS than the nice smooth, anti-scratch finish of the metra that matches the interior perfectly. I got mine for $22 shipped and 20ish shipped for the antenna adaptor and wire harness.
edit: just noticed that wire harness allows you to keep steering wheel controls, so that part makes it worth the 80 bucks then

I have the same Pioneer deck in a Sport Model. I ordered and had my installer put in the double din kit from Meta, but he swears the Honda adaptor does not work for the antenna. Says that it may only work for the Bose model. Does it work for you and what model CX5 do you have? is it different on the Sport? I am desperate to get the radio antenna to work. Thanks for any advice you all can give.

I have the same Pioneer deck in a Sport Model. I ordered and had my installer put in the double din kit from Meta, but he swears the Honda adaptor does not work for the antenna. Says that it may only work for the Bose model. Does it work for you and what model CX5 do you have? is it different on the Sport? I am desperate to get the radio antenna to work. Thanks for any advice you all can give.

I also have the sport model ad it's definitely the right adaptor. What's he's probably confused on is where to hook up the blue wire; you don't just match it up to another blue wire. This can confuse some less experienced installers. At any rate, just hook it up to an ignition source. The bose and sport both use the same antenna so it sounds like he just doesn't know what he's doing. If you do it yourself, it'll take you MAYBE 5 minutes and is super easy!

That seems expensive and also isn't the metra one. Notice the finish on the dash kit part; looks more like rough ABS than the nice smooth, anti-scratch finish of the metra that matches the interior perfectly. I got mine for $22 shipped and 20ish shipped for the antenna adaptor and wire harness.
edit: just noticed that wire harness allows you to keep steering wheel controls, so that part makes it worth the 80 bucks then

Does the 70-7903 wiring harness from Meta allow you to keep steering wheel controls?

Does the 70-7903 wiring harness from Meta allow you to keep steering wheel controls?

The wiring harness is for wiring the existing speaker connectors to the aftermarket radio. The metra Axxess is for keeping the steering wheel controls. You also have to get the Honda antenna adapter and the metra install kit for the radio in addition to the wiring harness and the axxess.

Back