Blutooth - Phone book download

Applauso

:
Mazda CX 5 Sport 2WD
I have an HTC Widefire S Android phone. I have downloaded the phonebook and it says it is successful. However no entries are being shown. Anybody else getting this and can you manually enter the phone numbers if the download does not work?

Are your contacts on the SIM or on the phone memory? The download only picks up contacts on the phone memory, so if they are on the SIM you need to move them to the phone first (this worked for my wife's Samsung Galaxy Y).

Yes you need to keep the sim card in the phone but your contacts shouldnt be on there...they should be on your phone attached to your gmail account. This way when your sim card dies you dont lose your contacts as they are backed up to the google cloud when they are stored on your phone....

Hi,
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II and I can only get around 6 contacts to download, even after deleting and re-adding the pairing to the car. The contacts that do download look identical (eg they are in the phone memory) and some are in the phone and SIM. Seems no relation to what downloads and what doesn't. Very annoying!!
All ideas gratefully received. Embarrassing as I have been an It Support dude for 20 years (scratch)

I had to download then one by one, for some reason by Galaxy SIII wouldn't download them all, only a partial list of about a dozen (out of about 48). It was weird. They were in my Phone, all Gmail contacts. It was very frustrating. Don't know why it wouldn't work. My wife's iPhone 5 worked beautifully....

Galaxy S-111 Paired on the day I bought the car and worked 100%.

Suddenly decided not having it. Had to remove the phone and pair it up again from scratch. Once paired advised me as importing address book. Out of about 60 contacts, only loaded 6. No apparent reason, except the functionality with G/Mail contacts makes sense. The ones only that successfully loaded were all mobile numbers, and "LinkedIn" contacts.

I'm happy to load them individually but cannot see how. There appears to to be 2 options to load contacts on the screen in the car. The top option, press that and nothing except a message as operation failed after about 10 minutes. Bottom option, seems to be "Load All" (Not clear what either option might be) All that does is as above, just a handful of numbers.

What doesn't help I guess is the TomTom fails to work at all on a regular basis, I keep having to stop the engine, and try again, so the whole set-up frustrates the hell out of me.

If anyone has a solution to the importing of the address book, I would be most grateful. Unable to ascertain if my contacts are on the card, or the phone itself, and nor can I find on the phone if I can move the numbers across.

Back