Drivers seat reclining

Applauso

:
Mazda CX 5 Sport 2WD
Ok So I've had my CX5 a day. I park on an incline facing upwards. Twice now I have got in my car and the drivers seat (electric adjusted) has reclined on its own. Now I'm going to monitor it because either is not working right or I'm going mad. Anybody else experiencing this?

Yes. I thought maybe I was hitting the adjustment button. I've gotten in the vehicle and the steering wheel be almost out of reach. I can't seem to force it back though. I had plan to mention it to the Service Dept. at my first oil change.

Oh thank gosh, I thought I was going mad too! Most days it is a little bit back and one day it was way back!

wow, never happen to me yet. Possible that your seatbelt is somehow wrapping around the adjustment knob when getting out and closing the door? Really odd, I would have thought someone was using my car at night when I was sleeping, lol.

wow, never happen to me yet. Possible that your seatbelt is somehow wrapping around the adjustment knob when getting out and closing the door? Really odd, I would have thought someone was using my car at night when I was sleeping, lol.

That actually crossed my mind but realized that the car was not broken into.

Does the cx-5 "save" seat settings based on which keyless entry fob is used to unlock the door? In my car (different brand), I have to set my seat where I want it and save it. There is also an option for the seat to move back when I turn the car off. Not sure if the cx-5 has either of those, just throwing out ideas.

Does the cx-5 "save" seat settings based on which keyless entry fob is used to unlock the door? In my car (different brand), I have to set my seat where I want it and save it. There is also an option for the seat to move back when I turn the car off. Not sure if the cx-5 has either of those, just throwing out ideas.

There's no memory function

Same problem here. I have the Touring model with cloth seats.

Anyone get it resolved yet?

Today I saw my dealer (Mazda dealer that is (boom01)... ) and my report to them was the second and they are going to pop in to this forum today to have a look.

Best advice is please do inform your Mazda dealer so they can put a report through to Mazda.

So I had (and continue to have) the same problem. The first few times, I thought something was wrong with the car. I'm only 4'11'', and after about a week I realized that my leg was pressing against the electronic seat adjustment when I dismounted the car and causing it to recline. Now I can manage to avoid it most of the time.

Last edited:
Ha!!! Glad im not the only one. I told my Mazda Service Center and they laughed at me. But yes, I realized its the way the recline control is positioned on the chair. When you exit down (esp for shorter people) your legs/thighs hit the recline button enough for it to move. (I noticed it when I stopped while getting out and heard the seat motor activate). Poor design on mazda, I did mention this on the two surveys they sent out to CX-5 owners. Oh well...nothing can do short of unplugging the power to the seat.

Back