CX-5 Built with New Wheel Spec

Kjendal

:
CX-5 Sport Nav
Hi All,

New to the forum, posting from Scotland, UK.

I have just ordered a CX-5 Sport Nav from my local dealer. I was warned that my vehicle will only be built in October and delivered in early January 2013.

However I have read the news articles about the CX-5 suffering from tire shortages on the 19 inch wheel models and Mazda's plans to now fit them with 17 inch wheels to speed up delivery.

I was just wondering if anyone had any further info on Mazda's plans on this subject?

I am quite keen for my CX-5 to be fitted with the 19 inch wheels as I think the 17's are to small for the vehicle and now after reading this news articles I am worried my CX-5 will come with the 17's. :'(

Surely the spec you expect to get would be the spec at the time of order? If you ordered a vehicle that comes with 19" wheels, I would expect to get a vehicle with 19" wheels. If the dealer or manufacturer changes the spec then you could at very least cancel your order with no penalty, as they've broken the sales contract. Or negotiate a discount, if you are willing to.

I would write to the dealer as soon as possible (recorded delivery) expressing your concern and state that you expect the 19" wheels. However, if the shortage of tyres is correct then be prepared to wait for your CX-5!

I heard about it impacting some lower sales volume country, but not US market. 19's look right on a SUV/vehicle this size, expected on top of the line GT.

Similar concern here. Also Scottish, new to the forum and just been told that expected delivery in October (ordered end of June!) was now put back to January.

No mention of specific reason so far. And no hint of changing spec. I was however told that cars ordered with lower specification would be available in December.

I doubt that a market as large as the UK would be put at risk by changing spec and not notifying prospective owners, but I wouldn't put money on it.

That's awful news. I placed my order in June and its been waiting in the Mazda depot for well over a week f or a September 1st reg. Hope you get it sooner.

Does a price reduction goes with the wheel downgrade?

That's pretty lame. I'd hope they wouldn't expect you to pay the same for the 17's as the 19's, unless they're pretty awesome racing 17's.

Two weeks ago the Mazda dealer here in Regina said that gt's were all delayed until january as they are focusing on the gs and go versions due to demand.

I think I am going to wait until 2014 model year and hope for leather on the gs model or just to find a used 2013 gt.

All I've read is that the change in spec re: wheels has been announced for the Malaysian market.
Ordered mine in mid June was told mid October and now told to expect it sometime in November. Agree that it looks much better with the 19" wheels, but tyres might be a problem. I am working on that. Not much of a problem, but I want it in time for any poor weather, (which we get in Scotland from time to time). Small shower of snow and I can't even get out of my driveway. Currently have a RWD Is 220 Lexus, great car but cr** in the snow. Kjendal what dealer are you going with? mine is in Edinburgh.

All I've read is that the change in spec re: wheels has been announced for the Malaysian market.
Ordered mine in mid June was told mid October and now told to expect it sometime in November. Agree that it looks much better with the 19" wheels, but tyres might be a problem. I am working on that. Not much of a problem, but I want it in time for any poor weather, (which we get in Scotland from time to time). Small shower of snow and I can't even get out of my driveway. Currently have a RWD Is 220 Lexus, great car but cr** in the snow. Kjendal what dealer are you going with? mine is in Edinburgh.

I am with Macrae and Dick in Inverness, Ordered my CX-5 in Mid August with a Delivery date of end of January 2013. Ordered the FWD Petrol Sport Nav. Love the look of the vehicle, just a tad disappointed with the length of the wait that i face now. However if the spec isn't changed then it should be a very nice vehicle when it arrives.

Could be a lose-lose situation. If you refuse the 17 inchers, then someone will snap it up and you could wait many months for 19 inchers. Inform dealer that you ordered a specific vehicle with 19 tires and expect it to be delivered that way, At least he knows where you stand on this and if he has a choice you may be first in line for 19s. Usually, there is a little sentence at the bottom of orders stating specifications may be changes at the discretion of the manufactures. :- (

Get a price reduction on the 17s and buy some nicer (and lighter) aftermarket 20s. Tire selection for 20" wheels is much better and MUCH cheaper than for 19s!

Example: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&tab=Specs

Hankook V12s are pretty sweet, and great in the wet (not so much snow, it's not an all-season) and it's cheaper than the 19" tires in the OEM size of 225/55-19 (just over $200 from what I found).

Or this, which is an all season, and even cheaper: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...c=18188&counter=1&ar=45&rd=20&sw=false&cs=245

That size seems to typically weigh 29 pounds per tire, which the 225/55-19 typically weighs 28 pounds. I dug up quite a few wheels in 20x8 or 20x8.5 that are around $150 each in CX-5 friendly offsets too; they usually weigh around 33-37 pounds depending on width and design. I'm betting that the 20" wheel/tire combo would weigh about the same as the factory setup since factory wheels tend to not be very light- so you wouldn't lose much fuel economy if any at all.

Just something to look into. :D

An even better deal on the Hankook V12s right now w/their $80 rebate.

Hey everyone ... new here and this is my first post. :)

I just purchased a 2013 CX-5 GT in the Toronto area (Canada). Of course, the only one on the lot was the one the manager was driving. Turned that one down and I am currently waiting for mine to be built. It should be in the process of being built right now and arriving sometime in November. It's coming with the 19" wheels and they never mentioned any issues with supply. The only issues they seem to be having is keeping up with the demand for this vehicle. The GT I'm getting was actually scheduled to be delivered in western Canada bu my dealer basically stole it for me. LOL

Back