west coast ports

:
2013 CX5 AWD Grand Touring
My metro grey GT w/tech is due into port on Tuesday Aug 28. Since my dealership is in Portland, OR I assume/guess it's coming into Tacoma. Any good info on how long before I can actually drive home..
Thanks

My metro grey GT w/tech is due into port on Tuesday Aug 28. Since my dealership is in Portland, OR I assume/guess it's coming into Tacoma. Any good info on how long before I can actually drive home..
Thanks

I think it's usually at least a week depending on how many accessories (tow hitch, roof rack, etc.) you ordered. What dealership are you going through? I got mine through Royal Moore.

Could be our CX-5's were on the same vessel; I noticed that the vessel ZEUS LEADER was in Tacoma on Aug 28 and now is in New Westminster on Aug 29. My dealer told me the ship was arriving here on the 29th, so it fits a pattern. There is only one other vessel in port right now, the LUNA SPIRIT so I'm hoping the wait is over and my Cx-5 has arrived. FWIW The dealer told me that it takes about 7 days to clear customs, offload and be sent on to final destination.

Mine is due into Socal Sept 6. So how do I find out what ship it's on? And My dealer said a week from port to dealer.

Bcdad, are you in Vancouver? I picked up my car at Signature Mazda in Richmond and I got it in 4 days after the ship arrived.

Bcdad, are you in Vancouver? I picked up my car at Signature Mazda in Richmond and I got it in 4 days after the ship arrived.

I'm in Surrey, so not too far from Fraser Wharves. The sales manager said they would just send someone to pick it up rather than wait for the truck. He said it was in batch 1. Hopefully that means closest to the unloading ramp lol!

Mine is due into Socal Sept 6. So how do I find out what ship it's on? And My dealer said a week from port to dealer.

Maybe the dealer could tell you? I'm just guessing as my dealer said August 29, and I Googled the port's here to learn there were only two vehicle vessels in port. I may just be kidding myself! There are some websites fleetmon.com portarrivals.com that may help, but the dealer or Mazda corporate is your best bet.

My dealer (in Texas) did tell me that all its CX-5s came through the port of San Diego, so I'm guessing its the same for cars destined for SoCal (assuming you're in LA or OC).

My dealer just called and left a message that they have my car. So not that many days if it came in on the 29th. Now I am just waiting to return the message I left him. Of course it arrives on a busy Saturday!

Thanks

UPDATE :)
Metro grey GT w/Tech is in the driveway. Very quick TAT, all 4 CX5s that arrived at the dealership yest were sold by the end of the day.
Post pictures later. Plan on tinting front windows, bumper guard, mud flaps and weathertech liners for starters. Thanks for all the advice.

Last edited:
My dealer just called and left a message that they have my car. So not that many days if it came in on the 29th. Now I am just waiting to return the message I left him. Of course it arrives on a busy Saturday!
Congrats! Hope you can pick it up today.

Congrats! Hope you can pick it up today.

Thanks, I just talked to the dealer, they're just waiting on paperwork from Honda (since my deal involves buying out the remainder of my lease 15 months early) so they expect I'll be able to get my CX-5 tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest (my best is on Tuesday, I've never known a Honda dealer to be open on Sunday -- not on a long weekend.) The frustrating thing is they have my car, I could go drive it away now, but I have to unload the Ridgeline first. Oh well, I've been waiting since June 15, another day or two won't kill me!

This is insane. I can't pick up my Mazda because they are trying to get an invoice to buy out my truck (which they will treat as a trade-in) but as that involves buying out my lease, it has to go through a Honda Dealer and they aren't playing fairly (probably want the truck for themselves!) We're trying another dealer who is more cooperative and has a relationship with Mazda. What a pain! My Mazda is sitting there fresh from the ship just waiting to go home. Hopefully the paperwork will get sorted out and I'll get it Friday morning. That is the plan anyway. I'm never leasing again...twice now it's bitten me in the as5.

Attachments

• 1-WP_000553.jpg
    1-WP_000553.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 136
Man, what a pain in the ass. Must be hard to see your car sitting there waiting to be driven. Excellent color choice.

Finally, picked up the cx5 yesterday. Loving it. It only had 4km on the odometer. It sure uses a lot less gas than my Ridgeline. Some of the electronics are pretty awesome. Loving the phone and iPod integration. Looking forward to exploring more with the car.

Back