iPhone 4S and Siri

WNJ

:
CX-5 2.2D (175PS) AWD Manual Sport-NAV + Safety Pack
CX-5, iPhone 4S and Siri

Whilst stuck in traffic on my way home today I decided to press the Siri button on my iPhone while it was connected via Bluetooth... I was surprised to hear the sound through the car speakers and able to give commands through the inbuilt handsfree!
Interestingly, it appears on the centre console screen as a call to answerphone, can cancel conversation using the hangup button on steering wheel.

Was this a known thing or have I stumbled upon something unexpected?

Last edited:
So I'm guessing NOBODY has anything to add on this? Oh well!

I have used that a few times before on this system and I used to use it once in a while on my kenwood dnx6140 in my Mazda 3.

You are lucky. I have an iPhone 5 and can't get Siri to work at all when the phone is connected via bluetooth. I have also had trouble receiving incoming calls but seemed to have found a solution for that one. Hopefully Mazda will come up with a software update to make it compatible with iPhone 5.

You are lucky. I have an iPhone 5 and can't get Siri to work at all when the phone is connected via bluetooth. I have also had trouble receiving incoming calls but seemed to have found a solution for that one. Hopefully Mazda will come up with a software update to make it compatible with iPhone 5.

Yeah I got an iPhone 5 when it came out and have same issues since. I have heard it is fixed in the IOS 6.1 beta releases though so shouldn't be a problem after it officially comes out!

I'm also waiting on the fix for the iPhone 5 Bluetooth. It worked fine in my CX-7 and works perfectly in my wife's Mazda 3. Not sure why the CX-5 doesn't work properly. Frustrating...

Back