TomTom Legal Disclaimer Behavior?

rlp2955

Hey all, just checking in to make sure the behavior I am seeing is right on my TomTom. I just got my CX5 a few weeks ago and haven't had to use the GPS much at all. The times I did use it, when I click the Nav button, I have noticed every now and then a legal disclaimer where I either had to click "I Agree" or it just goes away after a few seconds.

Fast forward...decided to go ahead and take advantage of my free map within 60 days yesterday. Downloaded TomTom Home, ran the upgrade, no issues. Put the SD card back in the car, booted up, it showed the "install" screen, no problems.

Drove it last night a few times and this morning. I have noticed now every time I click the Nav button after starting the car I get the "legal disclaimer". I also noticed that I got some sort of "Sirius" disclaimer although I think I only saw that pop up once. Should I be getting the legal disclaimer every time I start the car and want to use the GPS now? Just wanted to confirm I didn't need to go back and reinstall the update again (although I never got any errors on the upgrade).

I have the same disclaimer everytime I start the car up, pretty annoying actually but I guess to prevent lawsuits? cause people will sue anyone for anything.

I believe there might be a setting to turn off the disclaimer on every start up in the advanced settings of the Tom Tom system. This is the case atleast for Tom Tom Live Services disclaimer.

I believe there might be a setting to turn off the disclaimer on every start up in the advanced settings of the Tom Tom system. This is the case atleast for Tom Tom Live Services disclaimer.

Any idea how I get to that? Is it something I would have to look for in TomTom Home when I have the SD card in the computer?

Any idea how I get to that? Is it something I would have to look for in TomTom Home when I have the SD card in the computer?

You access it through the TomTom menu / settings when in the car, not on your computer.

You access it through the TomTom menu / settings when in the car, not on your computer.

I looked all over for this setting in my car and I don't believe it exists. I think I read elsewhere on this forum (and other forums) that you cannot turn this disclaimer off. Can anyone else verify?

Can anyone verify whether they have been able to turn off their legal disclaimer (the one you have to click "I Agree") on the navigation service?

Can anyone verify whether they have been able to turn off their legal disclaimer (the one you have to click "I Agree") on the navigation service?
It's possible I missed it, but I went through every single menu layer of the TomTom, and I couldn't find an option to turn it off :(

Can anyone verify whether they have been able to turn off their legal discla
imer (the one you have to click "I Agree") on the navigation service?

No, I even emailed TomTom about this...it is coded in the firmware and only a firmware update can fix this unless there is a secret menu on the device

Back