Master warning light and istop.

sarahjones581

:
Mazda cx5
I am new to this site and looking for some help. I have had my CX5 now for just over a month. In that time I have had it back at the dealer at least 5 times with the same problem. The master warning light comes on, I loose power and then the istop won't work and flashes amber. Each time I have been back they just reset the electronics and send me in my merry way. Only I am not so merry. I have been back 3times now in the last 10 days. I have read that it's a problem with the battery not being the right one to support the new technology. I was also told this by the service department this week and then when I went to pick it up they said that Mazda Australia had advised them to just reset the electrics and there was nothing they could do. The warning lights are on again today so I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem repeatedly and how did you convince your dealership to put the correct battery in. I have a disability and bought this car to make my life easier not harder. Sorry for the long post just very frustrated. Sarah

Sorry to hear about your problem Sarah. If this dealership can't help you, have you tried a different dealership? Have you explained the situation to the manager there that it's unacceptable that you have to make these trips in all the time? It should be quite obvious to them that resetting the electrics is not resolving the issue. I think they should keep your car until they figure out the problem and give you a loaner car. I don't think they're making any effort to resolve this for you. If you check the owners manual there should be something on dispute resolution.

Thanks for your help emac and WNJ. It is not the same problem but similar. I'll look into leaving the car with them to fix. Thanks

Back