Car & Driver = +

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
The Sept Car & Driver magazine did a comparative testing of SUVs. The CX5 came out on top. In addition, there was wasn't the usual bad mouthing of the low HP and straight line performance. A very good writeup for the CX5

In addition, there was wasn't the usual bad mouthing of the low HP and straight line performance. A very good writeup for the CX5

Yes, and in fact I noticed that while the CX-5 was the slowest 0-60, it in fact beat and/or tied some of the others (Escape, CR-V, Tuscon, Sportage, RAV4) in nearly every other "power" test, such as 0-30, 0-100, 5-60 and 30-50.

The other complaint I often read is that the engine is too loud when accelerating, and yet I notice that the CX-5 tied for being the quietest both at full throttle and when cruising at 70 mph.

I don't see it online yet :( I gave in and subscribed to C&D on my Kindle and read it there :)

Thanks for checking. I have a feeling that Mazda will pay the royalty and have the story on their website as a feather in their cap. At least if their marketing folks are smart they will.

Yes, I read this C&D article a couple weeks ago.

They tested all the compact SUV's that truly compete directly with CX-5, all with more horsepower and therefore better acceleration (some barely quicker). Not one came close to achieving the fuel efficiency of CX-5 except the CRV (and it was 2 MPG lower in the 200 mile trip measured.)

Latest posts

Back