Roof rack

Dogeh

:
Mazda CX-5 FWD Auto GX w/ Convenience Pkg Sky Blue Mica
Dealership just added a roof rack to the car (ordered a while ago).
Roof rack is silver while the car is blue.
Is this right?
Does the roof rack also come in blue?

The factory roof rails are only available in silver.
I wanted them too but I have a black car and I wanted to keep the black theme strong; I already de-badged the "CX5" and the "Skyactiv" I am even thinking to re-finish the "M" badges in black chrome.

Are the roof rails metal? I wonder if they could be powdercoated by an automotive shop...

Ah OK.
Thanks.
They seem to be made of plastic.

I remember seeing a company in Japan that had body color roof racks for the CX-5. They were stupid expensive too.
No idea where that URL went to. I'll have to dig around. No promises.

The silver looks fine so I'll leave well alone
Thanks for the help, guys!

Intriguing.
There is a low whooshing sound from the roof rack as you drive.

I thought it was the tyres until my wife pointed out that it only started once the roof rack was installed!
:D

Intriguing.
There is a low whooshing sound from the roof rack as you drive.
I thought it was the tyres until my wife pointed out that it only started once the roof rack was installed!

Do you have the cross-bars in place or just the roof rails?
Roof racks that go across the car (driver-side to passenger-side) usually generate wind noise, but I'd be surprised if the rails that go from front to back generate noticeable noise or drag.

Do you have any pictures with the rack installed? Thinking about getting the rails, but I can't decide if I'll like the new look or not.

In the US (factory) roof rack is silver only, which is disappointing because black would look so much better with many exterior colors... I've been wanting to get it but I am holding out for a black one! If they were able to come out with 2.4L engine, they should be able to add an alternative color to the roof rack.. Or so I hope :)

I made a deal with dealer for free roof rails. I assumed the crossbars were included. They were not. They charged me 192.00 for those bars installed! It would appear that they can slide right into rails but am unsure at this point. ANYWAY, I find that you can but these bars off Amazon for 108.00 Had I known that and IF they can just be slid into the rails... well, you get the point. I'll be checking ANYTHING I consider accessory-wise. Heck there was even an environmental disposal fee. Must have been for the cardboard. My town picks up cardboard for free.
I'll probably be purchasing the mud flaps online.
The silver color looks fine to me...

Back