CX5-Models by country

:
2013 CX5-GS, AWD
I was just curious about how the different models/trim are named in various countries. Does anyone have an 'official' list?

Here's what I found with a few minutes of Google. Please feel free to chip in with other variants I haven't listed or to correct my mistakes!

USA = i) Sport ii) Touring iii) Grand Touring
CAN = i) GX ii) GS iii) GT
AUS = i) n/a ii) MaxxSport iii) Grand Touring (diesel and petrol variants)
UK = i) n/a ii) SE-L iii) Sport (diesel and petrol variants) with/without NAV

I know minor things will vary country to country like daytime running lights, etc. but I thought it would be worthwhile to have a translation so to speak so when someone says GT, I know that it appears to be the same as Grand Touring in other countries (and Sport in UK). It's interesting that the Sport in the USA appears to be the base model, while in the UK it is the top model (unless I've read the websites horribly wrong!)

True for the UK, sport = 'top model'. Each country will have its own importers/marketing men/Mazda team, who make the decisions on what to name the different trim levels according to what works locally. You simply can't compare the same variant name in different countries, you have to compare the specifications instead and even then there are often differences between e.g. top models in different countries.

True for the UK, sport = 'top model'. Each country will have its own importers/marketing men/Mazda team, who make the decisions on what to name the different trim levels according to what works locally. You simply can't compare the same variant name in different countries, you have to compare the specifications instead and even then there are often differences between e.g. top models in different countries.

True enough. I did a quick scan of the specifications on each site and tried to determine the ones that were more or less equivalent based on things such as the leather seats, HID headlights, 19" wheels, Bose system, and rear seatback style. I know there are probably many other small and undocumented items that cause differences, but these seem to be the main features on which Mazda delineates their various models/trims.

New Zealand
GLX (base model, 2WD petrol)
GSX (sweet spot, 2WD petrol, 4WD petrol, 4WD diesel) - navigation, dual zone climate ac, leather wrapped steering wheel
Limited (top of line, 4WD petrol, 4WD diesel) - 19 inch wheels, leather seats, hid, lane departure, blind spot monitoring, moonroof, front n rear parking sensors

Last edited:
DE: Prime-Line / Center-Line / Sports-Line
AT: Emotion / Challenge / Attraction / Revolution (in Austria there are four trim-levels)
CH: Challenge / Ambition / Revolution

More informations about models/trims at mazda.de, mazda.at or mazda.ch

The Canadian versions and the us versions don't really match up.
I like the Canadian trim versions better for standard items.

Canada (all models are petrol only; pricing from mazda.ca, add $1,895 for freight & prep):

GX - $22,995; add $1,200 for automatic
- Add $1,595 for Convenience Pkg (alloy wheels, privacy glass, BT, steering wheel controls, colour display screen, HD radio)

GS - $28,045: GX plus auto, anti-theft, privacy glass, auto on/off headlights, fog lights, rain-sensing wipers, alloy wheels, BMS, rear-view camera, moonroof, 6-way power driver's seat, heated front seats, 40/40/20 split rear seat, premium cloth upholstery, 6 speaker stereo, colour display screen, HD radio, steering-wheel mounted BT controls.
- Add $2,000 for AWD

GT - $32,645: GS plus AWD, 19" alloys, dual-zone climate control, intelligent key system, autodimming rearview mirror + Homelink, 8-way power driver's seat, leather, 10-speaker Bose.
- Add $1,395 for Tech Pkg (bi-xenon headlights, Adaptive/auto-leveling headlights, Navigation, Sirius w/ 6-month free subscription).

Back