Shark Fin antenna attacked by garage door

Hopefully its just a matter of tightening the fin and some paint touch up. I'm assuming they'll charge you 1/2 hour to 1 hour labor for the readjustment of the fin. They should have a paint touch up guy at the dealership or you could try doing it yourself. Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0 and Quixx Paint Scratch Remover are two products you could look into. Just be glad you're not replacing the whole fin. It doesn't look like a cheap part.

typically those attach with the 3m style double sided tape. shouldn't be too bad.

I can post pics tonight. Wife works down the street from the dealership and so she took it by today. They looked at it and seemed to think their techs could fix it but the best ones are at school this week so they suggested we wait until monday.

typically those attach with the 3m style double sided tape. shouldn't be too bad.

I know the "fake" shark fins you can buy on ebay are basically 3m taped. I'm like 99% sure real oem shark fins are bolted on. You'd probably access the bolts/screws via the interior light above the rear seats.

The dent is minor and right at the very tip of the antenna. It's at the body shop as we speak so fingers crossed that it all goes well. Supposedly it's as easy as "dropping the liner" but who knows what really has to happen.

Sorry to hear about incident, the garage door might need to be fixed to prevent future problems.

? Solution to your shark fin aerial problem?

The dent is minor and right at the very tip of the antenna. It's at the body shop as we speak so fingers crossed that it all goes well. Supposedly it's as easy as "dropping the liner" but who knows what really has to happen.

Hi, I have done the exact damage and my shark fin aerial has slightly lifted off the roof too. I took it to my dealer twice during the scheduled 5K and 10K servicing and on both occasions despite request to have the bolt tightened, they didn't even lower the hoodcover but said it needs replacing and quoted $1000 including spare, paintwork and labour. I don't believe in their judgement and think that the bolt needs to be tightened. I had lowered the hoodcover myself but didnt have the right size spanner. How was your problem fixed? It would be a great help. I am not too fussed about the minor dent to the shark fin at the tip and won't worry much about getting it repaired. There is no paint damage there.

Back