Auto Dim Rear View Mirror w/ Homelink

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 GT
What does it take to install the auto dim mirror in a CX-5? My dealer has flagged a CX-5 for me that is coming to port on Sunday. It has all the options I wanted except the Auto Dim Rear View Mirror w/ Homelink. He says they can install it at the dealership. I'm sure they can, but how well?

Is there an existing wired connection by the stock rear view mirror or will the dealership have to route the wires (removing all the interior cladding in the process)?

They have to remove chadding accross the top of the drivers winsheild and down the left side to near the dash.

I installed mine myself. No wires to cut and the only thing you have to remove is the A pillar plastic cover. The biggest thing to worry about is that they put in the proper taping so that the wiring harness does not rattle when the A pillar cover is put back on.

Excellent! Thanks for the PDF! I could only find the one for the CX-9 which required moving the cladding on the footwell as well as splicing wires. This looks much more straight forward.

my dealer did it for a total of 300 installed including the parts. I worked it into the deal. Well worth the couple bucks IMO because then if something gets messed up its on them. They did a perfect job.

Do any of you see a difference when the rear view mirror auto dimming is ON or OFF? Are we suppose to see a difference at night?

Do any of you see a difference when the rear view mirror auto dimming is ON or OFF? Are we suppose to see a difference at night?

I had auto dim in my Maxima and my wife has it in her Forester. You can tell a difference unless the windows are tinted. I noticed this immediately after we had the windows tinted on the Forester. Prior to that, you could see a difference at night when you turned auto dim off.

I really only see it change when i have bright headlights behind me, then it dims and goes back to normal when they leave

I just got home with my new 2013 CX-5!!!

OK, the mirror works...has compass and day/night feature. I am trying to program homelink. Following the directions, when I push and hold any of the garage/gate buttons I just get a steady red light. I tried holding down the outer two buttons, but I just get a steady red light. I programmed my last two vehicles with homelink...no problem. Has anyone had this happen?

OK, fixed it. I googled around and the "hold outter buttons for 20 seconds" should be revised. I had to hold mine for a minute before the light would blink, indicating it was reset.

Back